can't release parking brakes

mphixson

couple issues:

1. when using SET READY TO TAXI STATE - the right engine starts. the left engine does nothing. Is this functioning as designed?

2. parking brake will not release when using SET READY TO TAXI STATE. if i push down on the pedals, parking brake returns. if i hit the period key, parking brake is still on. How do i turn off the parking brake?

system setup is CH pedals, CH combat stick 568 and CH Pro Throttle on quad core with 6 GB.

I have found a solution to the parking brake problem. after the engines have started i have to hold the throttle in reverse and at the same time apply the brakes. This will release the parking brake. I don't understand why there is a relationship between reversing the throttle to release the parking brakes, but at least i can get the plane off the ground now..when using the SET READY TO TAXI STATE.

the first problem, where the right engine starts but the left will not start when using SET READY TO TAXI STATE was fixed by redownloading the program from the vendor.

update - looks like it's my issue not yours. i can't get the throttle to stay in reverse in order to change the prop pitch, as reverse thrust is just F2 button. my work around is to temporaily unplug the pro throttle, then move the throttles to reverse, then follow starup procedure 'if the propellers feathered'. Once started i can then plug in the pro throttle and continue, using the F2 reverse thrust after startup and then the parking brake works fine. so it probably works as designed..

I'm going to try the ch quad throttle later today, as i probably should be using that anyways for a twin..

This could easily be a problem with the .flt you use to start the Bronco.

Make sure you start with a default flight or use the Bronco startup placed in the saved flight folder for that very reason, then once you've loaded that switch to the location of choice.

From there, you can make changes and then save the flight as cold and dark, ready to taxi or even in flight, as desired.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

works better with the quad throttle. am able to click on the throttle to put it in reverse and it will stay there until i move the throttle in the ch throttle quadrant. very nice, thanks.