Beginner question - fix incorrect highways?

ManuelL

Hi,

I haven't dabbled with the x-plane scenery tools yet. However, at some airports there are some quite nasty floating highways, which I would like to fix/remove if it is not too complicated. Is this something that can be done easily with any of the scenery tools? (I had enough tweaking for a lifetime with MSFS and would like to use the little time I have for flying). Below is an example from Bergen/Norway.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Manuel

However, at some airports there are some quite nasty floating highways, which I would like to fix/remove if it is not too complicated. Is this something that can be done easily with any of the scenery tools?

No. You can't edit these highways with scenery tools. In fact, according to the developer blog http://developer.x-plane.com/2012/03/10-04-release-candidate-3-and-future-patches/ these roads are a bug, that shall be fixed with the next update.

This hads to do with the new - as of XP10 - road draping system. In XP10, the scenery only holds the road network information in 2D (in XP9 it was 3D, as each node had a fixed elevation attached to it too). Then, the sims tries to "drape" the 2D network over the 3D mesh of the landscape. What you see in your screenshot, is a case where the algorithm went haywire ... but to my knowledge the algorithm will be overhauled completely for the next release (10.10), so you can expect improvements ;)