New Versions cause FSX to crash

markjm

I am really enjoying the new update with the exception of a failure to be able to fly a couple of the new versions. Whenever I select the Long Range Ferry (Air Force or Marine) or the Training Air Force, FSX gets an "Unhandled Exception and quits. This always happens as soon as I click on the security warning. All other versions, including the Training Marine, load and work fine. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled the installer package several times. I am not sure what is different with these versions versus the working versions but it is a head scratcher at my end.

Here is the error message I get:

************* Exception Text **************

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)

at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()

at rexwxengine2.controls.ucLoadAircraftLocation.DefWndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

rexwxengine2

Assembly Version: 2.5.2010.38549

Win32 Version: 2.5.2010.1027

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Real%20Environment%20Xtreme%202.0/rexwxengine2.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect

Assembly Version: 10.0.61259.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.6195

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.6195

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a/msvcm80.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Have you tried without the REX Weather Engine loaded? Also do you have all the latest updates for .net installed? Do you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed?

Googling "HRESULT: 0xC000014B" gives lots of good results which are worth trying, specifically the one of FSDeveloper.com - it points to problems associated to simconnect.

Strange that it only hapen with some of the Bronco versions.

You shouldn´t be asked more than once per Bronco version, and only the very first time You use them, if You will load ASC.

Try to open FSX.cfg and look entries in the [Trusted] section containing "Bronco" like:

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10B\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10 CDF\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - LONG RANGE FERRY\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - CLEAN\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - TRAINING AIRFORCE\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - TRAINING MARINE\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - MK82 SHORT RANGE\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - FAC\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - CAS\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

Simply delete them and run FSX again and see if the problems persist.

Finn

Strange that it only hapen with some of the Bronco versions.

You shouldn´t be asked more than once per Bronco version, and only the very first time You use them, if You will load ASC.

Try to open FSX.cfg and look entries in the [Trusted] section containing "Bronco" like:

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10B\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10 CDF\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - LONG RANGE FERRY\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - CLEAN\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - TRAINING AIRFORCE\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - TRAINING MARINE\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - MK82 SHORT RANGE\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - FAC\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

C:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - CAS\panel\ASC.DLL.lnkerzonrbbuciwahcccoauonlrbeacreutlthhn=2

Simply delete them and run FSX again and see if the problems persist.

Finn

Yes for the versions that work I am only asked the first time.

I have completely deleted my FSX config and reloaded each version with the same results, all work except Long Range and Air Force Training

Here is my trusted section for the Bronco from my current config

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10 CDF\panel\ASC.DLL.tbilborwqiqcwetrkzqnqruhencbaokilnlbqrwu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - CLEAN\panel\ASC.DLL.tbilborwqiqcwetrkzqnqruhencbaokilnlbqrwu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - CAS\panel\ASC.DLL.tbilborwqiqcwetrkzqnqruhencbaokilnlbqrwu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - FAC\panel\ASC.DLL.tbilborwqiqcwetrkzqnqruhencbaokilnlbqrwu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10B\panel\ASC.DLL.tbilborwqiqcwetrkzqnqruhencbaokilnlbqrwu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - TRAINING MARINE\panel\ASC.DLL.tbilborwqiqcwetrkzqnqruhencbaokilnlbqrwu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - TRAINING AIRFORCE\panel\ASC.DLL.tbilborwqiqcwetrkzqnqruhencbaokilnlbqrwu=0

I have also stopped the REX weather engine but they still crash the sim. Trying some other things from google search, maybe they will work.

Please tell what operating system You use and where FSX is installed.

You should ensure that You have the C++ redist properly installed (Look at 3rd answer):

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/37622-faqs/page__view__findpost__p__247362

Try to uninstall the Bronco and then re-install as Admin.

Also run FSX as Admin (right click -> Run as admin).

The only thing which could cause CTD's is the ASC module we use for custom sounds.

A test could be to open the panel.cfg in the "Aerosoft OV-10B" (German Bronco) folder and comment out the line containing the ASC entry wit // in front i.e:

//Gaugexx= .................ASC..... (I cannot remember the exact text fo that line).

Then save the panel.cfg.

You won´t have custom sounds then, but might be able to run all versions.

Finn

I am running Windows 7 x64

FSX is installed C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I installed the Bronco as administrator and tried running FSX as admin also.

My C++ library is up to date.

I removed this line (10B/Panel/OV10a_GPS!BCom2, 5, 225, 238, 135

gauge10=ASC!MAIN, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0) from the USAF Training panel config.

None of this made any difference, this version still crashes.

Is there anything different from the Long Range and USAF training versions compared the other versions. I dont understand why all the rest work with no problem but these 3 cause the crash.

• Aerosoft

Do You use and custom startup situation ?

If so - better not do so..

It´s known that such situations really can cause problems with complex addons.

Try this startup situation:

http://www.simforums...topic28987.html

Finn

There is also a startup situation installed with the Bronco, it's called "Aerosoft - OV10 Startup"

If I may add something, and I dont know if this will help. But I too was having problems after the updated version but my rig kept telling me I was out of ram and to shut down fsx and change settings. I also // out the ASC gauge line per Finn's suggestion and now I have no problems, runs fine. I was only getting this low ram power message with the OV10, all other aircraft were fine. Sorry If i hijacked this one.

Bill

Do You use and custom startup situation ?

If so - better not do so..

It´s known that such situations really can cause problems with complex addons.

Try this startup situation:

http://www.simforums...topic28987.html

Finn

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have tried my custom startup, I have tried the FSX default startup, the Bronco startup and the startup you have posted, all have the same results.

Every plane I own loads no problem, the same 3 versions of the Bronco still cause the same crash in every instance. I have no idea what sets those versions apart from the working models.

I will continue to investigate but right now it is a complete mystery.

Thanks again for your attention to this issue, your customer service is most excellent.

There is really no difference between the various models - system wise.

They all uses the exact same panel folder and with ASC put out of action there is really nothing special left.

The only commonality is that the versions that crashes for You are those with the mili 230 gal tank.

May I suggest that You re- download the installer - it could be that Your installer is corrupted in some way.

Uninstall current Bronco and make sure that no Bronco files remain in the \Simobjects\Airplanes\ folder.

Try to both download and install the Bronco with You anti virusprogram turned off. since some inti virus programs can do weird stuff to an installation.

If this works - remember the 1.11 hotfix afterwards.

Finn

There is really no difference between the various models - system wise.

They all uses the exact same panel folder and with ASC put out of action there is really nothing special left.

The only commonality is that the versions that crashes for You are those with the mili 230 gal tank.

May I suggest that You re- download the installer - it could be that Your installer is corrupted in some way.

Uninstall current Bronco and make sure that no Bronco files remain in the \Simobjects\Airplanes\ folder.

Try to both download and install the Bronco with You anti virusprogram turned off. since some inti virus programs can do weird stuff to an installation.

If this works - remember the 1.11 hotfix afterwards.

Finn

Turned off my AV, redownloaded and installed as admin, removed the ASC line in German Bronco with // and still got the crashes.

As you said there is no difference with the models so maybe im just not destined to fly all the versions, oh well the rest are a blast and im sure they will give me hours of fun.