Where do I unzip the paint kits too?

brycekor

Hello Aerosoft team,

Congrats on a job well done with the Bronco-I am enjoying it immensely. All your X series of aircraft add-ons have been exceptional. Keep up the great work.

Alas, I am a plane junkie not a computer wizard. Where do I extract the various paint kits provided in the free update? I imagine-if done properly-you should see them in the "select aircraft" file when flight simulator loads.

Thank you for your help,

Bryce

St. John's, Newfoundland

Hi Bryce,

paintkits wont show up in FSX. They have a special File-Format wich gives the possibility to

REPAINT them.

So you can unzip them where you like, work on them as you wish, save them (after flattening)

as DDS Files. Now you can move the repainted DDS Files in the correct folder (take care you choose

the correct model) named texture.bryce. Now you only need to add your paint to the aircraft.cfg

and youu are done.

If you have never done this before, google "creating fsx aircraft repaints" and you ll find alot

more information about it.

best wishes

Tristan

BTW: the Paintjobs inside the Paintkit are the same as they are installed. no additionel content-

Hi Bryce,

paintkits wont show up in FSX. They have a special File-Format wich gives the possibility to

REPAINT them.

So you can unzip them where you like, work on them as you wish, save them (after flattening)

as DDS Files. Now you can move the repainted DDS Files in the correct folder (take care you choose

the correct model) named texture.bryce. Now you only need to add your paint to the aircraft.cfg

and youu are done.

If you have never done this before, google "creating fsx aircraft repaints" and you ll find alot

more information about it.

best wishes

Tristan

BTW: the Paintjobs inside the Paintkit are the same as they are installed. no additionel content-

Hello Tristan,

Thanks for getting in touch with me.

Actually, I must be a bit confused. I ordered the original German model only OV-10-hoping I could download the later repaints you guys where working on. I'm not actually all that interested in painting myself. I just want to see the additional repaints you have done in my aircraft list when I start up FSX. Any ideas? Is there a self-installer like the master OV-10 package?

I was a bit confused by the promotion-I thought I would get a discount for ordering now and the add-on of the paint jobs would be free. Is that right?

Sincerely,

Bryce

Log back into your store account and download version 1.10. It's not just repaints, it's a whole new package - the full version, with new models.

Uninstall the original before installing 1.10. You'll need the serial number you got when you bought the first one.

Thats what it is.....

but if you like the paintjobs you have installed very much, you have to install them back after

installing the V110 of the Bronco.

Tristan

Hi Guys,

OK-thanks. I think I just screwed this up-was there an uninstaller? I just took the old OV-10 files out of FSX and put them in the recycling bin....

Now I can't get version 1.10 to install since it detects the last version. Any ideas how to get rid of all traces of version 1.00?

Thanks,

Bryce

See what you get with the full version first, if you still want to add the other repaints then, yes, you'll have to add them yourself.

edit - Oh dear, you have to uninstall the older version first, from the control panel. Maybe try reinstalling the old version first and then uninstalling it properly. Then install 1.10.

See what you get with the full version first, if you still want to add the other repaints then, yes, you'll have to add them yourself.

edit - Oh dear, you have to uninstall the older version first, from the control panel. Maybe try reinstalling the old version first and then uninstalling it properly. Then install 1.10.

Hi there 6297J,

Thanks for your help. yep I'm stuck. I now see the Aerosoft file under my control panel but the Aerosoft Bronco uninstaller is gone the only file I can see now is the manual but I can't erase it because the computer says it can't find the file.

I don't think I can download the old version now....

What to do?

Bryce

Hi there 6297J,

Thanks for your help. yep I'm stuck. I now see the Aerosoft file under my control panel but the Aerosoft Bronco uninstaller is gone the only file I can see now is the manual but I can't erase it because the computer says it can't find the file.

I don't think I can download the old version now....

What to do?

Bryce

You could also "reinstall" version 1.0 (select "repair" function in the installer) in order to then "uninstall" it --> then install 1.1 ..