Creating New Spec files

ddeuce

Question for the artists ...... I have noticed a heavy degeneration by amount of use in my paints, I know the majority of this comes from DXT, which is a degenerating file, however I was wondering if the fact that a specular file created to match the repaint can be created thru gray-scale vs, manually repainting each and every "S" file where it's sister file (Paint file) is modified...... I like to learn as much as I can... and have a short time to do it.. can you help I use jasc psp 7.04 not corel. thank you in advance. p.s. I take a lot of personal pride in what I create.... but alas, I am still a novice.

Hi DDeuce!

Without the paintkit, so the uncompressed original files, you will never be able to export the textures in highest quality. Every time you save them, they will loose quality.

I dont know if it was clearly enough communicated, but CDF Broncos will come as update and paintkit during january. So you even not need to use any of your time to enjoy it in some time...

The paintkit bases on the N409DF and also features the special air condition intake and outlets which where fitted later to fight the californian sun and forest fire heat.

porterville.jpg

20121220254731.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

409 is still outfitted with the old style paint (CDF) upper Tail, New paint has CalReg number on upper tail, below is the word CAL... and FIRE below. I do hope your plan is for new scheme. CalFire went to this new scheme in 2006 after the crash of the original 410. All Broncos will carry this scheme before the end of the 2014 fire season. If you need a source. I can give you The directors ph number. His Name is Messinger. I am just looking out for you guys on accuracy, and doing the right thing. Johnny

We proceeded here too far now with the old style paint on the 409 to stop. Maybe we do new style later.

One interest i have. If you have contact to the director could you find out which font they use to name their bases near the pilot entry?

The places look like hand written: Ramone, Porterville, Grass Valley. That text font to know would help a lot!

We proceeded here too far now with the old style paint on the 409 to stop. Maybe we do new style later.

One interest i have. If you have contact to the director could you find out which font they use to name their bases near the pilot entry?

The places look like hand written: Ramone, Porterville, Grass Valley. That text font to know would help a lot!

TAHOMA ooops I misread your Post. The script for the region is left to the indivual base commander, that is why so many are different, Porterville use would be Royal script, as is Paso Robles, Redding uses Tahoma, Ramona uses brushstroke.... so the choice would be yours. as far as color goes, it is in the manual that the color must be id'able white.... some in the past have used black. All number text throughout the a/c uses drop-shadow, I am wondering how you are going to do the underside of the elevator, but then again you guys are the pros ! JUST DO ME 1 favor do them proud, for so many have given their lives in that others may live theirs.. also when you do the CALFIRE PATCH please utilize the new one, it has the blue in it.... ALL CDF aircraft have this patch to date. and thank you for your work. I have done this a/c for Piglet's Bronco, and do have the template, If you need any template just ask. I am just an old guy with a lot of pride, and not much else to do. John