Is it free to upgrade FS9 aerosoft scenery to FSX?

nickac1092

Hi nickac1092,

In general only updates are free of charge, for upgrades you have to pay...

There are a only a few FS9 sceneries which could be updated to FSX compatibility. Most sceneries had to be redesigned completely and that can not be done via a simple update.

Aerosoft sometimes offers upgrades with a special rebate for owners of the old products though, which is then mentioned on the product page.

no no no, im talking about if i can get the FSX version of the scenery i already have for FS9 free. I have Madrid, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London hearthrow, Paris Charles de grualle, Ibiaza, Medria LPMA, Anchorage, all for FS9. I would like to see if i could get the FSX version of those free if i already bought them. FSDT and Flytampa does this so yea... Im planning to upgrade to FSX in a year or so; im already starting to get all the files and stuff fro FSX so i can just jump right in and start flying instead of installing a whole bunch of stuff after i install FSX.

Negative! Some of your old sceneries might work with FSX but the new, enhanced and upgraded versions developped for FSX will not be for free... - funny idea!!!

However if you start buying the new upgraded versions for FSX now you will get free FS9 versions along with the new FSX purchase.

BTW: Why not upgrade to FSX right now? Your PC is more performant than mine and I can use FSX with pretty high details without a problem (except MEGA airport sceneries but as a VFR pilot I won't go there anyway...)

Because i dont get the FPS performance i want. I get 20-30 at those aerosoft sceneries and at Blueprints, Latin VFRs, Flytampa's, FSDTs, and Baja Sims. I want to get 30-90 really for FSX at those sceneries and i get an average of 15-30 all the time with sliders on full with AI at 80%. I run FS9 at full settings with 90% traffic and i get anywhere around 20-90FPS.

Im just wondering if its free to get the FSX version if i already have the FS9 version... Im planning to upgrade to a new computer and to FSX here in a year or 2.

Check your account at the shop, if you see the link to the FSX version you know the product was for both.