SFO not installing properly in to FSX - Boxed version

estonianair

Hi

I got SFO in a christmas present, in a boxed version from Aerosoft. But it will not install properly. After installing an d activation in Aerosoft Launcher, and loading up SFO there is only the default one, even though San Francisco is listed in the top of Scenery Libary and is active. I had the try-before-by demo from Flightbeam, but uninstalled that before installing SFO again. There is also a CTD, saying that FSX stopped working and have to reload, that only occours in SFO.

Any help will be appreciated.

Just before installing SFO, i succesfully installed MA Boston, and there is no problem with that airport at all.

From Andreas

Ps. I got a over medium pc, which meets the requirements of the airport.

Hello;

What type of operating system do you have,where is Fsx installed,we need some information.And if KSFO is in the scenery library,and activated,it should appear.On my computer,Ksfo scenery is in a different folder than the add-on scenery folder,you might want to try and manually add the scenery.

Mark

Hi and thanks for the answer :)

Im using Windows 7, 64 bits. and FSX is installed under the program(x86) folder. Normally the add-on automatic installs the the scenery, and so did KSFO, but it was still the default airport. And in the Add-on Manager it says either that the product was installed but in Trial mode, or that is was not installed at all.

Right now I have uninstalled KSFO, also from the Scenery Libary. There is only a bglmanx_fbeam.dat file under the program(x86) folder. Should i try to remove that?

And where is your KSFO scenery placed, if it is not in the addon-scenery folder?

From Andreas

Hello;

I'm enclosing an image of some of the contenets of the Fsx folder,inside you will see the Flightneam folder,inside of there is the KSFO folder.When you start Fsx,and go to your scenery,and select add,it will take you to your Fs folder,scroll down until you come to the Flightbean folder,click on it,and once inside,click on the KSFO folder,and then it should be in your Fsx Scenery list.When you start Fsx,and select a plane,go to the KSFO airport,once you are tere,open the toolbar,and open the add-on manager,you have to insert the serial number you received when purchasing the add-on,and then activate it,oh yes,when you have the add-on manager open,you need to be in the window mode,thats just the small screen.Hopefully this will help you.

I also have Windows 7,64 bit system,but I have Fsx instaled on the D-drive,in a folder by itself.

Mark

Hi, and thanks for the answer :)

I tried to remove the bglmanx_fbeam.DAT file, but that didn't help. Since I got this add-on from Aerosoft, it is placed in the folder "aerosoft" and there is no flightbeam folder at all, since I unistalled the Flihtbeam try-before by demo. It seems that KSFO is installed and active in the Aerosoft Launcher, but is not active inside FSX, where there is only the default SFO.

Should I just install the trail-version from fbeam and then write the serial key-number from the box I got from Aerosoft in the Addon Manager, or simply do it now without have to install fbeam demo verson first? Because it seems that the CTD comes when I opens the Addon Manager, but maybe it is because I have missed an update.

From Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Can you check to see if you have duplicate entries for the scenery as this can cancel the scenery out if there are.

As for the download demo I would not install this as this may cause you issues as the key Aerosoft issues is probably only for the Disc version.

Hi Shaun

Thanks for the answer, but actually it worked yesterday, without I did anything. It loaded when I started fsx, so it works fine now :)

But thanks for the help both Mark and Shaun, i really appreciated it, and I would have given the update, but I was not able to before now :)

From Andreas