Fuel Saved?

harleymhs

Im flying in Realistic Mode, and I flew for a while and I had a 1/4 of of tank of fuel when I landed and parked.. The next day I started up and I am still in Realistic mode and the hour meter is correct from the last time I flew but the Fuel tank is FULL now.. When you fly in Realistc mode should the fuel quanity stay where it was when last flown.. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks! for any help..

Don't think your doing any thing wrong, I have had this on one occasion and all I did was save the flight under a new name, and since then never had it happen to me since.

Try this and see if the fuel saves, its prob just a hic up in the system and I sure a new save will solve this.

Happy Flying

David Taylor

Do you have to "SAVE" the flight after EVERY flight? I thought the Katana Systems remembers ALL about the Plane.. I wasnt SAVING the flight after EVERY exit.. I was restarting at different airports .. And Snave the FUEL was left at 1/4 of a tank then after the NEXT restart of FSX and Katana it was FULL...

No

Yes, if you have the system menu option set to `automatic` it will definitely retain the previous fuel state.

If it is not you are doing something wrong.Likeliest candidate is you have the wrong setting in the FSX menu or are starting from a refuelling box at each airport, as previously advised.

As this is basic FSX stuff, suggest you check your setup OUTSIDE the Katana. The clue lies in the fact that you are posting for support in the wrong forum, and in any case you should be dipsticking the fuel prior to flight and adjusting the fuel level in the `fuel and oils` menu anyway...

Thanks Snave.. All seems to BE OK... One more question is it BEST to set to AUTOMATIC or Parked? What is the actual difference between the 2 settings? Thanks Snave for YOUR HELP! Loving this Katana!!!