How to COMPLETE reinstall?

harleymhs

I see that after I install the Katana today for the 1st time, ALL my other planes in FSX start up with everything offf ( Radios, gps etc ) they use to start up with ALL ON engines radio gps etc. Once I uninstalled the Katana it seems FSX is back to where it use to be, start up a plane and ALL is up and running. Can I install the Katana again and is there a setting somewhere in the FSX menu to start up all the other planes like they use to before I installed the Katana? Also when I installed the Katana the RADIO seems to be ALWAYS dead! Also is there a way to REinstall the Katana FRESH? It seems to keep all my old settings when I reinstall it! Thanks!

Do NOT use the Katana as a startup default flight in FSX.

Use a default aircraft, set up the way you want it (cold and dark, all lit at the end of the runway etc. etc.) SAVE those flights and use THOSE as the startup defaults. Then switch to the Katana, set that up according to your preferences, then save that as a Katana- specific .flt. You can set as many of those as you want.

Radios are off by default in the Katana unless you choose the appropriate selection from the initiation menu. The initiation menu you won't get unless you follow the instructions above...

BTW it is ALWAYS the way to start the actual aircraft with the radios off - even if you have used the radio to request clearance for engine start. There can be some quite severe amperage leaps when starting the engine, and it is standard procedure to isolate all non-essential electrical devices until the engine is idling properly.

Reinstallation is simple. Use the reset button after installing and none of the old settings will be retained.

Do NOT use the Katana as a startup default flight in FSX.

Use a default aircraft, set up the way you want it (cold and dark, all lit at the end of the runway etc. etc.) SAVE those flights and use THOSE as the startup defaults. Then switch to the Katana, set that up according to your preferences, then save that as a Katana- specific .flt. You can set as many of those as you want.

Radios are off by default in the Katana unless you choose the appropriate selection from the initiation menu. The initiation menu you won't get unless you follow the instructions above...

BTW it is ALWAYS the way to start the actual aircraft with the radios off - even if you have used the radio to request clearance for engine start. There can be some quite severe amperage leaps when starting the engine, and it is standard procedure to isolate all non-essential electrical devices until the engine is idling properly.

Reinstallation is simple. Use the reset button after installing and none of the old settings will be retained.

Thank you for your help.. I figured the default aircraft deal.. Now ALL else in FSX works fine... ONE MORE QUESTION and the manual isnt so clear on this... Is the Initiation Window supposed to START up EVERYTIME I select the Katana? It doesnt start up all the time! It happens once in a while! My settings are Realistic mode.. And Automatic.. Thanks for your Quick Response! I tried to leave FSX then restar it and still the Initiation Window Doesnt Open anymore? It says Start up of FSX is a Major influence on the systems and " First Seconds the window will appear" Mine doesnt! Any Thoughts!

The initiation window is triggered by the selection of the Katana, NOT by re-selection of the .flt.That is exactly why, if you want to have that degree of selection on subsequent loads, you load a default aircraft first.

And obviously, if the selection menu is set to automatic it is going to choose a configuration that suits the scenario at loading - which implies not requiring the initiation window in the first place...