Towbar

Skkuda

I did use the search function with no luck! terms like towbar, tow bar......

I know that it was bugged and in the last 1.03 version still seems to not work. Just curious about if this function is still planned to get repaired.

Cheers

Good point. I think the previous statements from Marcel on this one got a bit scattered around some of the initial threads about the Katana release issues. The main tenor I remember was that it is known but not easy to fix.

I always cheat with the slew feature of FSX since the tow bar on my FSX Acceleration seems to really throw the nice plane around, no matter how gentle I move the mouse. There is a chance that I'm using it the wrong way though.

It's not a biggie at all, but if Marcel could correct that feature on a medium to long-term view, it would indeed be nice.

Oops, I just saw that he lists the thing under 'pending', so maybe that's the official statement you were looking for.

http://forum.aerosof...post__p__301652

Since the FAQ thread is closed, I have some notes on this item.

[PENDING] Crash to Desktop (CTD) if GNS430 is installed. (Waiting for feedback of the GNS developer)

Shouldn't we talk GNS530 on the Katana?

Also, the most helpful 'fix' when the RXP installation on a plane crashes is to go to \rxpGnsSim\Nonvol in the own documents folder and delete all 530.mem files there. This forces the unit to start up with default settings.

Waiting for feedback from RXP itself is a bit like hoping for the taxes to get lowered. It could happen though. ^_^

Since the FAQ thread is closed, I have some notes on this item.

Shouldn't we talk GNS530 on the Katana?

Also, the most helpful 'fix' when the RXP installation on a plane crashes is to go to \rxpGnsSim\Nonvol in the own documents folder and delete all 530.mem files there. This forces the unit to start up with default settings.

Waiting for feedback from RXP itself is a bit like hoping for the taxes to get lowered. It could happen though. ^_^

The towbar bug is depending on a bug of FSX. At the moment it seems like there is no solution in sight. On the other hand I don't want to remove the feature because there are many users that don't have that problem...

No answer from RXP until today...

Thanks for your answers, Marcel.

That towbar thing isn't a biggie for me. I actually like the idea about it. Is it FSX Acceleration related by the way?

No answer from RXP until today...

I'm not too surprised about that status, but any further explanation would leave the polite paths. Referring to RXP and how 'they' handle the official support, not yours which is great.

Thanks for your answers, Marcel.

That towbar thing isn't a biggie for me. I actually like the idea about it. Is it FSX Acceleration related by the way?

That could be worth for checking. Thanks for the hint!

I'm not too surprised about that status, but any further explanation would leave the polite paths. Referring to RXP and how 'they' handle the official support, not yours which is great.

Thanks and I understand what you mean. :)