New Katana Install on new I7 2600k system

Timmers

Hi,

Just read a review of the Katana in a magazine and was so impressed downloaded the plane before i finished the article! It does look brilliant and i really love the ownership idea.

I have one issue. FSX crashes to desktop when I reset the flight stating a problem with the asc.dll module. I can reboot system, load fsx with Katana and the ORBX Washington Penisular demo, hit reset in FSX and there we go! Crash to desktop. It doesnt happen if I load anything else in FSX just the Katana.

I've uninstalled Katana and deleted FSX.cfg file, rebooted and when running loading flight with Katana in FSX get asked do I want to load third party module asc.dll so I choose yes this time and I say no to any PDMG stuff and then even before i get into a flight it crashes to desktop. Is there an issue with any katana files i dont know about or am i doing something wrong? On loading launcher i am told aerosoft server is not available although i have internet connection.

thanks

timmers

"enjoying summer in the uk!"

Permissions issue?

Don't know, obviously, as you don't provide any specifications for the computer, version info for the FSX installation, or indeed much of anything of use.

ASC.dll is a proprietary Aerosoft module, and the FSX .cfg should NOT have been rebuilt at this stage. The module loading is a separate issue and I suggest you go for a permanent `yes` on each module - or else you shouldn't have installed that product in the first place!

Awaiting specs and how you have the rig set up, particularly the Visual C++ which has been mentioned numerous times in connection with asc.dll and other modules.

Thank you for your reply. Running as admin, installed as admin. Will post spec shortly.

Quote "particularly the Visual C++ which has been mentioned numerous times in connection with asc.dll and other modules." If this is the case why when I search for asc.dll on the forum do i get zero results?

Because as with most forum software, it doesn't interpret the `.` and the others are merely three letters.

Search on `module` then sort it from there.