Fokker 70 / 100

Airlifter

With the closure of Digital Aviation, Aerosoft more or less took over the development of the CRJ, which is starting to look extremely good.

I've always wondered why Aerosoft didn't also take over the Fokker 70 / 100 development. The code was there (with a 2D panel), it only needed a VC to become a fantastic product.

I would greatly appreciate if Aerosoft could reconsider taking over the Fokker project and give it the finish it deserves. It's a wonderful aircraft and maybe developer Florian Praxmarer would be (more than) willing to work together with Aerosoft in finishing this.

Otherwise, Aerosoft might also consider doing their own Fokker project? I work for a large European Fokker 70 / 100 operator, so I might be able to help getting the required data.

Best regards,

Frank

But that's the status right now.

I doubt we'll get involved as there are many differentiated rights and the whole thing is pretty complex in organisation.

I more ment in the way there is no way the costumer knows the situation and there is no point of the link.

I more ment in the way there is no way the costumer knows the situation and there is no point of the link.

The point is to provide a hand up to the fact that the forum exists, has done for some time and that there are other topics that provide an update on the present situation.

The point of the link is to take you to the correct forum.

This ain't it.

I just asked around and as far as we heard the project is dead as a dodo.

I also asked again about who owns what and as I said, there is no chance we are going to get involved.

Thanks for your effort Mathijs. It's pretty much what I feared... Ah well... one can dream, can't we?

The point of the link is to take you to the correct forum.

This ain't it.

Simon, I am very aware of the dedicated Fokker forum at Simforums, but I don't know if you checked, but the activity on that forum is close to nothing. And as Kaspars is pointing out, the last update from the developer is 1 year old.

The only reason I took it here is, as said, the fact AS took over the CRJ project from DA. I just had a small hope, which became a bit smaller now, but I'll keep some :P

Then I don't get your post?

If you are aware that `over there` the current position has been clearly stated, and that the project is now effectively dead, barring some possible input on a private level by a former developer of DA,why ask?

Now this does give rise to a different question, one which Aerosoft probably CAN supply an answer to: Did `Digital Aviation` actually exist as a corporate entity? Never found a company registration number for them, nor articles of incorporation?

If that is not the case, an enterprising and litigiously-aware customer might be able to show in a court of law that this individual or the now-asunder `team` actually remains legally obligated to provide any customer (who can show they purchased on the predicated promise) the VC they said they would deliver right throughout the product life...

And that makes for a far more interesting topic... :big_boss_s:

In commerce, a contractual obligation can only expire with the formal disintegration of the organisation that created it. If that name was merely a collective description, unsubstantiated by any legal grounding as a partnership, company or incorporated entity it may well be found that the contract still exists, and requires completion. Only death or release by the contractee can remove the requirement.

Would be an interesting case, customers binding together to force an unwililng developer to finsh the damn job, on pain of seizure of assets. :glare_s: