Keflavik X - How to change AFCAD?

I want to change the AFCAD file for Keflavik in FS9.

Two questions:

1. Can I use AFCAD by Lee or do I need to use AFX or ADE?
  2. Can I create the AFCAD in a different folder or do I have to modify the one that is in the aerosoft/Keflavik/scenery folder? If I create an AFCAD file in a different folder, do I have to take out the one from the aerosoft/Keflavik/scenery folder?

Thanks!

I want to change the AFCAD file for Keflavik in FS9.

Two questions:

1. Can I use AFCAD by Lee or do I need to use AFX or ADE?
  2. Can I create the AFCAD in a different folder or do I have to modify the one that is in the aerosoft/Keflavik/scenery folder? If I create an AFCAD file in a different folder, do I have to take out the one from the aerosoft/Keflavik/scenery folder?

Thanks!

You can use Lee Swordys AFCAD Utility but I would advise always to save a backup of the original file.

If that doesn't have the features you want then try AFX ot ADE. If you are making changes I wouild advise only to have the one afcad available in the scenery folder, but there again it depends what you intend doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shaun and Thorsten,

As Mozart, I'd like also to modify the BIKF AFCAD file to my own standards (as I'm using a different AI aircraft radius standard; own airline coding, etc...), but I prefer to use Lee Swordy's software instead of ADEX.

The problem is that if we're modifying/saving your default "AF2_BIKF_FS9.bgl" using Lee Swordy AFCAD program, the exclusion code is lost, and all default FS9 buildings and objects are appearing again.

Therefore, is there any chance to provide us a separate exclusion *.bgl file (like you did for Amsterdam, Paris-Orly, etc.) ?

Thanks a lot.

Greetz,

"Jeepee"