Katana unusable

IanS

Hi,

just bought the Katana 4x download - Super graphics and functions ( I also fly a real Katan DV-20) but I have problems and I have the following system :-

AMD 640 4core 3Ghz running Windows 7 Professional with SP1

Flight Sim FSX (Gold) Deluxe with Acceleration pack + Saitek AV8R-01 Joystick

All aircraft perform normally except the Katana

Walk around and checks all done :-

Realistic Mode : Everything works except Joystick forward/back only functions for a few seconds then stops, left and right still works and as far as I can tell all instruments performing normally - Simulation Unusable

Simple Mode : Joystick works and avionics but no Airspeed/Altitude/Rate of climb - Simulation virtually unusable

Instructor Mode : Everything works for a few minutes and then the Joystick exhibits the same problem as Realistic Mode - Simulation virtually unsuable

The forward/back problem doesn't only affect the joystick but same problem exhibited when trying to use the Cursor keys Left and right OK, Forward/Back no reaction.

Ian

Hi,

just bought the Katana 4x download - Super graphics and functions ( I also fly a real Katan DV-20) but I have problems and I have the following system :-

AMD 640 4core 3Ghz running Windows 7 Professional with SP1

Flight Sim FSX (Gold) Deluxe with Acceleration pack + Saitek AV8R-01 Joystick

All aircraft perform normally except the Katana

Walk around and checks all done :-

Realistic Mode : Everything works except Joystick forward/back only functions for a few seconds then stops, left and right still works and as far as I can tell all instruments performing normally - Simulation Unusable

Simple Mode : Joystick works and avionics but no Airspeed/Altitude/Rate of climb - Simulation virtually unusable

Instructor Mode : Everything works for a few minutes and then the Joystick exhibits the same problem as Realistic Mode - Simulation virtually unsuable

The forward/back problem doesn't only affect the joystick but same problem exhibited when trying to use the Cursor keys Left and right OK, Forward/Back no reaction.

Ian

this seem to indicate you have not applied the patch..

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/45157-open-beta-101-update/

NEW FEATURES

• Quick Setup
  • Aircraft and cockpit cleaning through service.
  • Fuel quantity will be saved in Realistic Mode.
    FIXED
    • Battery recharges to fast during service.
    • Ident sound can be heard also NAV Ident knob is not pulled.
    • Some COM frequencies in realistic radio modes cannot be set.
    • Canopy can't be opened before using SHIFT+E when the aircraft has been loaded in parked condition.
    • Airspeed Indicator, Vertical Speed Indicator and Altitude Indicator not working in Simple Mode.
    • On some systems Attitude Indicator, GPS and other systems may quit duty after a while.
    • When a Wheel Fairing has been broken, no new one may be installed in the Equipment Menu.
    • If the engine is stopped inflight, the generator still works and the RPM indication is wrong.
    • Background lighting of the M803 clock doesn't work.
    • COM/NAV and Transponder mode settings are not saved.
    • Cabin Heat and Carb Heat labels wrong on some English cockpits.

this seem to indicate you have not applied the patch..

http://forum.aerosof...eta-101-update/

NEW FEATURES

• Quick Setup
  • Aircraft and cockpit cleaning through service.
  • Fuel quantity will be saved in Realistic Mode.
    FIXED
    • Battery recharges to fast during service.
    • Ident sound can be heard also NAV Ident knob is not pulled.
    • Some COM frequencies in realistic radio modes cannot be set.
    • Canopy can't be opened before using SHIFT+E when the aircraft has been loaded in parked condition.
    • Airspeed Indicator, Vertical Speed Indicator and Altitude Indicator not working in Simple Mode.
    • On some systems Attitude Indicator, GPS and other systems may quit duty after a while.
    • When a Wheel Fairing has been broken, no new one may be installed in the Equipment Menu.
    • If the engine is stopped inflight, the generator still works and the RPM indication is wrong.
    • Background lighting of the M803 clock doesn't work.
    • COM/NAV and Transponder mode settings are not saved.
    • Cabin Heat and Carb Heat labels wrong on some English cockpits.

Thanks for that tip, as I had just downloaded the package a day ago I assumed all of the patches had been applied. Now the instruments work as expected in Simple Mode but then it just exhibits the same problem as the other modes, after a few seconds to a few minutes the Joystick Forward/Back movement ceases to have any affect on the plane and it becomes virtually unflyable. Hope someone has a tip that can help with this as I think from reading other posts I am not the only person with this problem.

Ian

Thanks for that tip, as I had just downloaded the package a day ago I assumed all of the patches had been applied. Now the instruments work as expected in Simple Mode but then it just exhibits the same problem as the other modes, after a few seconds to a few minutes the Joystick Forward/Back movement ceases to have any affect on the plane and it becomes virtually unflyable. Hope someone has a tip that can help with this as I think from reading other posts I am not the only person with this problem.

Ian

Sorry mate but I cannot help you further with the joystick. mine work perfectly so I have no idea where to try and look to help you.. I am sure Marcel will be arround.

Sorry mate but I cannot help you further with the joystick. mine work perfectly so I have no idea where to try and look to help you.. I am sure Marcel will be arround.

Hi, are you sure the effect comes in the simple mode also? As there is no input done to the controls from my side. And: Does the problem also occure if you stay on ground, taxiing around for some minutes?

Hi,

I also have this exact problem with regards control of the aircraft. It occurs both on the ground and in the air and happens about three seconds after joining a flight. Basically, the elevators are locked as if trying to climb causing the aircraft to embark on a continous climb to stall, stall and dive until speed picks up and then climb to stall. On the ground when viewing the aircraft externally the elevators are clearly visible positioned for climb (even with the joystick pushed fully forward).

There seems to be no way to recover from this flight cycle. Ailerons work fine and turning can be achieved but the aircraft is unflyable, unfortunately.

Is there any information you'd like to help diagnose the issue?

Thanks,

Graeme

Just wondering if you've actually flown the aircraft too fast and broken it?

You really do have to watch the speeds with the Katana or the sort of issue that you describe can happen.

Try going into the Workshop and seeing if there's anything that needs repairing.

Hope this makes sense - I haven't had time to do much FSX for a while ...

Just wondering if you've actually flown the aircraft too fast and broken it?

You really do have to watch the speeds with the Katana or the sort of issue that you describe can happen.

Try going into the Workshop and seeing if there's anything that needs repairing.

Hope this makes sense - I haven't had time to do much FSX for a while ...

A very good suggestion - thanks, all fixed now.

What was I doing overspeeding the bird and half ripping the tail section off...

If it's any consolation, that was my party piece to start with but one of the things that I like about the Katana is that it will teach you to fly properly and kick you in the butt if you don't!

I think it's a superb FSX package - wish I had more time to fly it!

Hi,

I was the original poster of this item and the update solved the problems with the instruments in simple mode but shamefaced as I now am, I had indeed overtaxed the airframe while trying out the simulator a little too hard and not realising just how realistic the damage effects are. Okay no more playing about I'll fly the thing properly from now on.

Ian