Which quick setup states alter history...?

tup61

I was thinking of playing with the Parked longterm and Parked random state, just for fun, because you have to check ALL systems carefully: you never know what went wrong while the others were flying the Katana. But then I realized that one of the nice things of this addon is that you get penalized for mistreating the plane and when you are cereful, you are rewarded with a good working system. Loading those parked states I mentioned change things to the systems at random and so what you have done in your previous flights is simply removed... right?

That made me wonder which of the quick setup states actually change your history! Those states are nice and all but I think I don't want my history changed! I want to be punished after doing something wrong and I don't want to load a state that simply rectifies any mistakes I've made.

So.. I wonder which quick setup states actually modify history? Because I don't want to use those! Seems to me Cold and dark leaves your history as it is, but I am not sure about the others... It seems almost logical that Pre taxi or Climb and similar states change your systems so you can have a save flight... or are those state meant to be used when you actually KNOW the state of he aircraft is well enough to fly...? I just don't know... and I want to be certain about this. ;) I only want to use states that don't change my history!

EDIT

I just read this about the new parked states:

" Both settings will not change the condition of aircrafts and engine parts."

But how is that possible if the state descriptions say things like:

"The battery may have lost power, water could have been accumulated in the fuel tank"

and

"you don't know in which condition the aircraft has been left. Systems and settings differ."

??? The aircraft also may be cleaned or more dirty, which to me is also changing history... :wacko:

Marcel will have to answer that one, and he's absent per

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/45239-support/

But I think the start state and the saved state parameters are two separate items - if you try to quick start in a flight state with a buggered engine I don't think the engine will magically `heal`. So the Quick Start needs to be used with care in Realistic mode, as it will not compensate for water in the fuel, knackered oil or missing fuel cap. Think of it as a `pre-set Switch state modifier`, only changing the positions of switches, rather than a switching state tool that changes the history of the condition of the airplane.

Obviously, it's straightforward in the `non wear and tear` modes.

Imagine another pilot has used your plane very carefully: Maybe the battery has lost some power, the aircraft my have less or more fuel, it may have been cleaned or it is even collected more dirt. But the systems will not be damaged or weared.

If you do not want anybody else to use your airplane and so change the history, don't allow them to get near your aircraft by never using those two "parked modes". So the only one who writes history is you. :D