unusable aircraft

chav_34

Oh, I can't quite determine the problem, it might not be the engine nor the carb heat, although it must be connected, as after another 2 hour flight the CHT rose again during flight without the use of carb heat (cruise settings of 25 MP at 2200RPM), and I checked now the engine condition is still 99,8 something, but the residues level in the oil filter have risen.

I think it requires some further investigation..;)

Janus

Oh, I can't quite determine the problem, it might not be the engine nor the carb heat, although it must be connected, as after another 2 hour flight the CHT rose again during flight without the use of carb heat (cruise settings of 25 MP at 2200RPM), and I checked now the engine condition is still 99,8 something, but the residues level in the oil filter have risen.

I think it requires some further investigation..;)

Janus

A lot of people (me included) complain on how quick the engine oil in service do go to yellow. Maybe these oil also detoriate to fast that result in engine failing so quickly. carb heat could just be a catallisator that puch up engine temps and then with excessive deteriorated oil just make the engine run out of steam way too early. Could be combination of things. Excessive oil deterioration is a HUGE concern. only about 1.5 hours and the service list oil as yellow.. and the plane was flown by the book..

It seems that the yellow caution on the oil will always appear. So sorry, I will fix that.

If you have the feeling, the aircraft is burning too much oil, please do a longer flight in "instructor mode" and have a look on the oil content. Does the oil level get lower?

It seems that the yellow caution on the oil will always appear. So sorry, I will fix that.

If you have the feeling, the aircraft is burning too much oil, please do a longer flight in "instructor mode" and have a look on the oil content. Does the oil level get lower?

No the oil does not so much get lower. it really get lower very slowly for me so I dont think it is oil qty issue. I can fly 4 hours with very little qty lower when I look at the data figures. So for me, no it is not excessive oil qty loss. (but then I treat engine with lots of TLC. No hard riding engine. always warm up properly etc. Cruise at MP 21-22 and Rpm 2100-2200. Oil usage is very good for me.!

After 4 hours now oil is

LEVEL_OIL=2.790663

For me that is good considering 3 liters is max oil according to engine documents..

I dont know if you coded in detoriation of oil (quality), but Quantity I have no problem. If you did not code in speed of oil go bad then I can say oil is not problem.

Maybe Janus can give his finding also.