Fluids

BlueBaron

Hello,

Thank you for a wonderfull product! This is one is now one of my most flown aircraft right next to the Do-27 and the A2A planes. I am wondering about the fuel system and the oil system though.

Whenever I reload the plane, whether I load it after turning off the default Cessna or from the main FSX menu, the fuel is always refilled. I would like to try using the Auto fuel to check out performance but I have no clue how to perform a 'petrol change.' Ime sure that draining the tank using the bucket would take absolutely forever. I wonder if detonation has been simulated if I mix the two fuel octanes aswell. Is there a way to make it remember my fuel level from the previous flight? Maybe I am not loading the Katana correctly? I really do not want to have to save situations though as this causes conflicts with ASX and other addons.

The oil system is also one I am wondering about. In the oil panel, I can place the oil pan if I want to drain it but nothing ever drips into the pan. The only time I have seen any oil in the pan is when I perform the oil change from the Service menu. How do I properly drain the oil using the pan in the Oil and Fluids panel?

You can change the fuel withing the FSX menu. But an "empty tank" button could be something to consider for a future release.

I had a system that saved the fuel of the last flight but it caused always troubles and conflicts so I removed it some time ago.

You have to click and hold the button for draining the oil. As soon as the button is released, draining stopps.

Yes thank you, holding the oil pan icon works. As far as the fuel is concerned, is it an FSX limitation? The fact that it does not save the status from the previous flights...

Yes thank you, holding the oil pan icon works. As far as the fuel is concerned, is it an FSX limitation? The fact that it does not save the status from the previous flights...

That's how it works with default flights: it uses the amount of fuel that was saved in the default flight. If you simply save a flight after landing and reload that particular flight the next time, fuel will be saved.

You can change the fuel withing the FSX menu. But an "empty tank" button could be something to consider for a future release.

I had a system that saved the fuel of the last flight but it caused always troubles and conflicts so I removed it some time ago.

You have to click and hold the button for draining the oil. As soon as the button is released, draining stopps.

firtst off. Absolute briliant Marcel.

+1 who would like to have fuel saved.

I actually never have to fill the fuel tank ever as I never fly longer then 2 hours per session. When I restart FSX next day on or other session then the fuel tank is always full. No need to have to check the fuel ever.

Actually the fact that fuel is always full make the fuel checks irrelevant as part of the daily checks as in current state. Appreciate fact that you willing to look into it for maybe later..

I will try again to add that feature some day. But it caused too much problems during the beta phase.

The fuel testing will be essential soon, because the Katana may have been flown meanwhile by someone else: link.

The fuel testing will be essential soon, because the Katana may have been flown meanwhile by someone else: link.

That's great! Thank for improving an already fantastic product!