Huey controls

HarryMudd

Hi everybody. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this or not so please bare with me.

I've just installed the HUEY X and found I have no control movements, ie: rudder and collective, cyclic works fine. When you move to an outside view and look in the movements are there and working fine.

Also the low rotor rpm warning doesn't sound.

Im I missing something here?

Thanks....Harry

Thanks for your reply.I may have not been as articulate as could have been. Let me rephrase this. I have control with the joystick but in the VC there is no movement of the cyclic or the anti torque pedals. The collective works as it should. If you change views to the outside the cyclic works as does the A/T pedals.I don’t think its related to a joystick problem.There is also no low rotor rpm warning sound.Thanks -Harry

Quote from Mathijs

The problem you have is strange. Your FSX is either:

• not displaying the animation. This can have many causes, from a lack of memory, to an incorrect Direct X, to settings in FSX (Advanced animation for example)
  • not reading the joystick in a standard way. Perhaps it a driver (the Sidewinder drivers are pretty known for that), perhaps it is something installed by another aircraft.

So maybe try updateing DirectX to the latest.

If not , heres the huey forum.Take a read through as theres lots of info HERE

Alright, I’ll see what I can find.Thanks again for your help.Makes no sense though, the joystick animation works fine with default helos in the FSX sim and Nemeth Designs helos as well.-Harry

It seems a file from the SP2 didn’t install correctly. I reinstalled both SP1 & SP2, SP1 install ok but SP2 had an error pop-up regarding a missing .dll.I neglected to write down the name as I was getting a little agitated at the time.Anyways, works now.-Harry