German Airports 1 Stuttgart X

alehead

I purchased this a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with no issues. The scenery was activated by me immediately after installing and the scenery has worked both for departing and arriving flights in FSX.

Imagine my surprise when last night I approached EDDS to find that the default buildings are all visible and the AFD file of Aerosoft´s is obviously active. I checked the scenery library to find that StuttgartX was no longer in the scenery library at all. I manually added it back and Stuttgart was back to itself. I also checked the activation status immediately on exiting FSX and the scenery was still registered as activated.

As to what might have caused the de-registration of StuttgartX from the scenery library I cannot for the life of me fathom, since I have installed no service packs or windows updates or changed anything since installing EDDSX. The only thing done was to use the OrbX Central scenery activator for FTX AU and USA PNW a couple of times. I wonder if there is a potential issue with the way FTX Central registers and deregisters the FTX scenery that could lead to one or two recent installs from being removed from the scenery library accidentally. I thought I would mention this, just in case someone else may experience similar...

Andrew

I wonder if there is a potential issue with the way FTX Central registers and deregisters the FTX scenery that could lead to one or two recent installs from being removed from the scenery library accidentally.

FTX Central only adds and removes the entries associated with Orbx or OZx, it does nothing to any other entries within your library.