AES Generation

Madair

Maybe Oliver will post a english version, but maybe this will help you for now:

Some of the biggest improvements are:

- new AES vehicles

- an improved parameter system (freighter planes and small commuters can now be supported)

- AES settings can now be done inside FS

Maybe Oliver will post a english version, but maybe this will help you for now:

Some of the biggest improvements are:

- new AES vehicles

- an improved parameter system (freighter planes and small commuters can now be supported)

- AES settings can now be done inside FS

Is there a posability to make sugesstions for improvments not new airports?smile.gif

If you are using Google Chrome, you could use the built-in "translate" button!

Just did, and translated to english... far from perfect... but at least you'll get the idea ;)

If you are using Google Chrome, you could use the built-in "translate" button!

Just did, and translated to english... far from perfect... but at least you'll get the idea ;)

In latvian (my native) its far from anything....biggrin.gif

Oliver,

Would be nice if you would translate your notes and share them with us here on the english AES sub-forums...

Not all your custumers have german as their native language....

Anyway, congrats for your works and as seen on the pictures, the new features seems great.

This should pretty much cover it (please note that this is not some kind of lame google translation ;) )

This weekend marked the first stages of the next AES generation and it is now gone so far that I’d like to show and describe some information about the development.

First of all I’d like to say these information show some very early stages, so I am not able and willing to give answers to questions regarding to release dates, that’s because I haven’t got an idea on my own and not even the name of the version is yet clear.

What is clear is that this will be a “usual update”, that means that all serial codes (at least those which are legal :lol: ) can still be used and there won’t be any upgrade costs to use the new functions.

Since the development is speeding forward and coming along nicely, but for sure will take some more months to finish, I’d like to show some more.

In case there will be discussions about how the screenshots are already release previews I will stop to show more, because these screenshots are only limited expressive and as usual in development stages mostly show interim stages, just like these here do.

Until the new “AES NG” version will be released, there will be ongoing AES v2.X releases with new airports based on the old AES model, even though there might be less airports included, because a minimum of 50 work hours a week are spend on the development of AES NG.

Now we come to the technical part:

I the four year AES is now in the making, a lot of ideas have arisen of what can be done to improve AES. Several of these suggestions can actually be realized.

1.) 3D objects

A point of criticism has always been the low-detailed vehicles of AES and the adaptability to local conditions of the airports (repaints for the vehicles). Working on this has already begun and has gone pretty far until now (some of the changes can already be seen on the screenshots), but there is still some work to be done, therefore is will elaborate on this sometime later.

2.) Configuration

A substance obstacle for the expansion of functions and processes of the current AES code is the configuration of the aircraft and the therefore provided data. In the current configuration only the left hand doors and the nose wheel are defined, all the other data can only be provided thanks these definitions.

The new configuration therefore will be expanded. So from now on geometrical data of the aircraft (like the wingtip or the nosetip) will be included, but also the data which is needed to evaluate the necessary services for the airplane, like the zero fuel weight or the maximum amount of passengers. It’s not yet clear what else will be included because the number of values is technically seen not infinitive, therefore it must be chosen with intent.

Also the way of how to configure the airplane will be changed. Until now it was necessary to use the external tool called AESConfig, which for sure had some advantages (like more room for explanations or little pictures), though there were still the disadvantages of the connection between the tool and the flightsim or that the configuration was not possible in fullscreen mode.

To get used to the new configuration it will take some learning and practicing, but after some time it should be possible to use it pretty quickly (everything will be described in the manual, which is recommended to be read), furthermore this actually shouldn’t be a daily task. We will try to include as many already configured planes as possible. I also plan an import/export function within AESHelp, which should simplify the exchange of configuration files. Since the AES window can also be shown on a second PC via AESRemote, the configuration can also be done from that computer.

From now on the configuration also won’t need these colored cubes anymore but it will show the later used vehicles. This will make the placing a lot easier, more exact and above all this configuration will show all of the already placed vehicles and will therefore help you to prevent any collisions to happen.

Here is one screenshot to show you this placement:

post-5581-022157700 1296674275_thumb.jpg

The red arrow marks the currently activated vehicle, which is getting placed (in this case the vehicle belongs to the cleaning crew but due to the still missing model it is shown as a cateringtruck).

Via the AES window and the F1-F12 keys the vehicle can now exactly be placed and the height can be defined. AES will now use that position.

Here are two more screenshots to show a fully defined plane, as you can see it is getting quite crowded now :lol: .

post-5581-060803300 1296674309_thumb.jpgpost-5581-042502200 1296674320_thumb.jpg

Another point which failed due to the missing configuration possibilities was the support of freighter planes. But also for these ones it will soon be possible to configure the planes as it can be seen on the following screenshot:

post-5581-024970300 1296674353_thumb.jpg

(the big cargoloaders are not yet available and the small ones can’t reach the necessary height, but that will also be fixed)

Also the cargo door of small commuter planes which is usually on the left side can now be configured.

So much for today, this thread is now closed (well at least the German one is ^_^ ) and will be complemented when the time has come.

Those who want to give feedback, can start a thread however I’d like to appeal for some understanding if it is not possible for me answer each question, statement or wishes, because right now the I want to use my time for the ongoing development.