HUEY X lighting issues & other small things

Hueyrob

Hello Simking,

The lights are as they are now, these were looked into in the first update.

OK Is their a way that the white strobes or the white belly light could not be turned on or off separate say with the NVG switch

or tail hook or wingfold their are plenty of keys it could be slaved to as seen in the videro and by my own eyes I always saw them flying with blinking navs never white strobes.

at least military anyway.

The Strobes and Beacons are turned on/off with the Anti Col. switch.

Navlights has seperate switches for NVG/OFF/BRIGHT and STEADY/FLASH

Finn J

The Strobes and Beacons are turned on/off with the Anti Col. switch.

Navlights has separate switches for NVG/OFF/BRIGHT and STEADY/FLASH

Finn J

I know that....what I mean is nav lights on beacon on white strobes OFF as in the video they should be separate like a real Huey

Nav lights steady/blink...ok

Red Beacon on/off...ok

Strobes on/off....(no way to turn off without loosing red beacon)

white belly light on/off.....(no way to turn off)

when you flip the switch to NVG or dim that white belly light should go out too why would you want a white light(Belly) on when your making the light profile minimal?

You would not use white strobes but you would use the beacon and nav lights at the same time.

I had the mechanic remove those strobes via // in the config :)

I am not complaining just suggesting based on Real life operations and what I have witnessed camped out at the remote training field would sit and watch them for hours no fence no security they would even wave to us. they no longer use that field now.post 911 world

• 1 month later...

The Dododsim Bell 206B costs 35;- Eur.

Probably the best helisim available for FSX, but I don´t think our Huey X falls that much behind.

Though the Dodo Bell is very detailed in flight dynamics, I still think some stuff are simplified or exaggerated in the Dodo.

F.ex the famous "Settle with power" also called "Vortex ring state".

In the Dodo it simply kicks in when IAS< 30 knots and V/S> 500 ft/min descending.

In reality it depends on weight, temperature, humidity etc..

The vortex ring state is not simulated in our Huey X, cause we have been told be reallife Huey pilots that it rarely occurs in the Huey.

Just my personal opinion.

Finn

@ Finn, earlier in this post you spoke of very realistic helicopter sims that cost up to 40 Euros, any chance of letting me in on who makes those?

Thanks!

Hovercontrol.com is your friend!