[Resolved]: Where is the "addon program to allow key assignments" ?

Guest Closed

Aha! ...... found it!

It is stored here:- ..... / Program Files / Microsoft Flight Simulator X / A300B4

(ie... NOT in the SimObjects / Airplanes / Simcheck A300 folder).

...look forward to trying this utility out!

Kind regards,

David

I'm back again! :D

Ok, I figured out how to use the EXE and it seems to work great now.....

I found that it's not possible to make a few changes to the existing assignments, but when I pressed the "CLEAR ALL" button, I was then able to assign keys as required, without the error message.

So it's official, I am HAPPY! SP2 is amazing Bjorn and as I said at the start of this thread, as a long time flight simmer, this is my favourite add-on of all time. Beautiful plane, and thanks for giving those of us that value key assignments, the ability to use them. :)

Kind regards,

David.

I'm back again! :D

Ok, I figured out how to use the EXE and it seems to work great now.....

I found that it's not possible to make a few changes to the existing assignments, but when I pressed the "CLEAR ALL" button, I was then able to assign keys as required, without the error message.

So it's official, I am HAPPY! SP2 is amazing Bjorn and as I said at the start of this thread, as a long time flight simmer, this is my favourite add-on of all time. Beautiful plane, and thanks for giving those of us that value key assignments, the ability to use them. :)

Kind regards,

David.

Hi David,

Glad to see you got it sorted!

Can you show me which error message you get and when, so I can check this ? The only input validation I do with the keyboard settings is to make sure no duplicate keyboard assignments are used.

I have tried the system on a VRInsight MCP Combo and if anyone is interested I can post my files for that piece of hardware on the SimCheck website...

Björn

Hi Bjorn,

I'll print the error message and post it, after work today.

But in the meantime, you should be able to see it if you open the EXE, press 'Reset' next to 2 or 3 of the parameters, and then attempt to set different key combos for those parameters.

If the 'Clear All' field is used, there are no problems.

I have tried the key commands with a Go-Flight RP48 and it works fantastic!

Many thanks,

David

Hi Bjorn,

I'll print the error message and post it, after work today.

But in the meantime, you should be able to see it if you open the EXE, press 'Reset' next to 2 or 3 of the parameters, and then attempt to set different key combos for those parameters.

If the 'Clear All' field is used, there are no problems.

I have tried the key commands with a Go-Flight RP48 and it works fantastic!

Many thanks,

David

Hi David,

Wonderful news!

Will give it a go tonight also. Been a wile since I worked on that program ;)

Björn

Hi Bjorn,

I'm not sure if this will be any use to you, but I have attached the error message.

to confirm when this was occuring;-

1. When I first accessed the Key Assignments EXE, I attempted to remove some of the default key assigns (using the 'Reset' buttons next to each function). I then attempted to put my own commands in.

2. I was able to put my own commands in but when I pressed 'Save' I got the attached error message, even though there were no duplicates (I checked many times. LOL!).

3. When I later pressed the 'CLEAR ALL' button in the EXE, I was then able to select any key commands and successfully Save them (happy days!).

One other issue;

4. Although keys like '[' and '#' etc are shown in the available key drop-down lists, they don't work in the A300. Only standard letters (A-Z), Numbers (0-9) and 'F' keys appear to work. Num_0 keys are also in the list, but again these would not work for me in the Sim.

One last note for users (this is not a bug of any sort - just comething to look out for)

If you use this EXE to assign keys and find that they don't then work in the A300, check that you do not have any conflicting key commands set in FSUIPC. This was the case for me; at first I could not get the heading bug to work, but it was because my chosen key commands for it, were also being used in FSUIPC!

Great work Bjorn - my fave airliner just got better :)

post-33110-063559600 1296125315_thumb.jp

Hi,

I found the reason for the error message... 2 blank entries are also recognized as being the same keyboard assignment !

Stupid off course, but it was simply not something I had expected would happen... shame on me blush.gif

I'll fix it....

Björn