Abbreviations..

Spud

lol, lol, lol ! 1.gif

Shaun, I think you're referring to both Snave and Matt with that one. :lol:

I'm still working on HASEL and I think this one has something to do with checking instruments before doing manoeuvres ?

Paul G, I think you're on the money with that one mate.

And kaspis29, I hope you didn't break any bones. Are you trying to tell me that I got that one wrong ? :D

HASEL are pre-maneuver checks prior to off-attitude flying, not just aerobatics.

Height

Engine

Area

Security

Lookout

Do you have sufficient height above ground level (AGL) to commence the manoeuvre?

Is the engine in the correct configuration? Power setting, Pumps, Switches, Fuel in correct tanks, etc.

Is the area safe for the manoeuvre? Is it legal?

Is everything in the aircraft Secure (I once got hit on the head by an errant head torch, I wouldn't have minded , but it wasn't mine and it wrapped itself around the throttle lever... Lesson learned)

Lookout. Oh yes, it's not you that's dangerous, it's all the people around you you didn't see that are dangerous... -_-

car_flip.jpg

Valet parking? Arse. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Ahh so thats what happened to my car :angry:

LOBNH -Lights On But Nobody Home

PAFO - Pissed And Fell Over.

UBI and UDI - Uknown Beer Injury/Unknown Drink Injury. My personal best is breaking 4 out of 5 toes on my left foot. Its a curbstone thing :blush:

Thanks for that Snave and I was sort of on the right track. :D Those links have come in very handy right across the whole forum. Definitely a learning curve for me.

Matt, I like your UBI and UDI ! These I could use very often.

5.gif

That injury sounded nasty and I hope that you had enough drinks to have eased the pain. :P