Sign in to follow this  
Emi

FSX "Blackscreen"

Hi everybody,

I've got a problem with my FSX. When I make a flight in a bigger plane as the 757 or an MD11 and i go into one of the FSX menus and then try to go back to my flight i just get a black screen. I still can hear some sounds and if i put the mouse over a place where something clickable should be the mouse is changing into the mousetype which indicates that (hope you know what i mean with that)

The same appears if i go from fullscreen into windowed mode and then back when it's necessary for using Loadmanagers like the Airbus X has one.

But the most strange thing is that this problem doesn't happen when i haven't mooved the aircraft yet. -> For example today when i wanted to fly the MD11 from EDDM to LEPA and back. At the beginning of my flight i switched FSX into windowed mode to load pax and fuel with the loadmanager. Everything worked fine, but when i was at LEPA and switched back to the Loadmanager I got the black screen again.

Another strange thing: When the screen appears i can still fly the aircraft, but just without a picture on my screen. And i can still press the [Esc] button to get back to the normal FSX menu. But if i do so the FS crashed a few seconds later.

That's really annoying. Does anyone know this problem and might help me to get my flightsim running again please?

My system:

Win7 X64

Intel I5 @4X 2.8Ghz

Nvidia GTX 220

4GB DDR3 RAM

FSX Gold Edition (SP1, SP2, Accleration)

With those aircrafts i have already experienced the problem: PMDG MD11, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Captainsim 757/767, Wico A330, Aerosoft A320/321

What I did on my old rig when I had this problem was to copy UIAutomationcore.dll from \windows\system32 and paste it into my fsx directory

How can I do this?

Thanks for you answer

Emi

Its been covered several times here, in the proper support forums, just search.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, i'll try that tomorrow.

One question: As I'm running an 64bits OS, may it be that i'd have to put the .DLL file into the SysWOW64 folder? I had to move a few files from the system32 folder into the SysWOW64 befor because i wanted to fix a few other problems with a few other addons. Might it be that i have to copy it there? Could that help?

Emi

Apply UIAutomationcore.dll fix.

This "fix" didn't work on my system when I tried it, but installing HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the graphics section of the FSX.cfg did the trick.

Ok, i'll try that tomorrow.

One question: As I'm running an 64bits OS, may it be that i'd have to put the .DLL file into the SysWOW64 folder? I had to move a few files from the system32 folder into the SysWOW64 befor because i wanted to fix a few other problems with a few other addons. Might it be that i have to copy it there? Could that help?

Emi

DLL in the root FSX folder, so it's on my System and it works here

• Downvote 1