Question about Aerosoft manhattan

Thralni

Hello people,

I have been wanting to have a "complete" New York scenery, so that when I arrive at NYC, I can see once again what I saw half a year ago when I landed at JFK for real. So, in order to come to this complete NYC experience, I purchases FSDT's KJFK and UT:USA, for the greta night lighting. The only thing did I miss is the beautiful island of Manhattan in all of its glory.

I know, FS2004 does have Manhattan scenery, but of course it could be so much better. One problem I have with the default scenery is that when viewed froma s far as JFK, you only see the Empire State building and one or two other skyscrapers. You can imagine that this looks miserable.

So I have been eyeing Aerosoft's Manhattan scenery. I read the Avsim review, looked at the shots, and I think it looks very good (NOTE: I am talking about the FS2004 version, NOT the FSX version!). However, I need o know what I'd see when parked at KJFK. If most of the buildings won't be rendered, like with the default scenery, there is absolutely no use for me to purchase it. So, here's my question:

Could somebody post a comparison shot of the default and Aerosoft Manhattan sceneries when viewed from KJFK? This is vital for me and will be the determinant for me buying it or not.

I thank you in advance, hoping somebody will wan to take the trouble...

Well that's a great pity. Maybe I should change my afcad file so that I fly over Manhattan... Runway 31R/L should probably provide me with a nice view of Manhattan on approach. I'll see if i can change anything to make it better. Becuase to fly into NYC and not see Manhattan in all of its glory is, well, a bit sad. Thanks for the reply, Shaun!

Not to start a debate, but why not upgrade to FSX? I've never looked back (ok I did install it on my latest rig) but it was terrible performance at max settings compared to FSX.

See my Youtube Vid here:

Probably some better but...

Chris

Not to start a debate, but why not upgrade to FSX? I've never looked back (ok I did install it on my latest rig) but it was terrible performance at max settings compared to FSX.

See my Youtube Vid here:

Probably some better but...

Chris

I have upgraded to FSX thrice, and always looked back. The lolwer performance has always killed the experience for me in some way. I really am not interested in FSX, because I want to fly to and from busy airports. FSX just doesn'do that well on my machine. Sure, when I want to fly low and slow around the carribean, I can use FSX. That works, and it works very well. But no, NYC, EHAM... All those are a no-no in FSX, but they work great in FS2004. And, for as far as I can see, because of the addons I use, the difference between FSX and FS2004 in these airports isn't even so big. So the choice is easy: I have an airport that looks about the same in both versions, but in one I have 25FPs (locked at 25) and in the other I have 12, if I'm lucky.

So, I have no good reason to go fly around NYC in FSX. The experience will be somewhat sad.

By the way: thank for the videos, but I had purchased Aerosoft's manhattan already a while ago. I have a rather complete NYC experience now. Only missing KLGA. But, I'm not sure I'll buy it at all. I'll have to think about that.