Antalya ILS

Tomaz

Can somebody please describe in a few words the approach to Antalya... I use RC for ATC, ASE for weather and UT2&MTX for AI traffic. I always get runway 36 (I think R) for landing. Here's the problem (I think it's a problem or I'm just too impatient).. when I'm about 20 NM from the airport I'm still at FL150 and the ATC always vectors me away from the airport (HDG 180°).... the approach course is 002°, so the runway is directly behind me and I'm flying on to the open sea. Than, I'm flying and flying, I loose ILS signal, flying, flying.. well, about 40NM away from the airport I always turn back and land because I usually do long flights (from EGLL or something) and I just don't want to run out of fuel to test how long would ATC leave me flying into nothing. ATC never descends me below FL150.. I have to do it myself. One more funny thing.. when departing, when I'm getting clearance at the beginning the ATC usually says "climb FL170"... but later (I don't know, when I'm on tower frequency I think... sorry I'm writing this from my head) it says "climb FL150"... I know that because I'm always re-setting autopilot because of that. I may be doing something wrong or it may be just the way it is. My questions would be: what's the altitude when you're handed to the approach... are you vectored away from the airport on to the sea also... how long it takes to ATC turn you back... or any useful info. Thanks!

No, not yet, I asked here first because I have to set up a few things if I want to use default ATC again (I disabled sound because before I did that I was hearing duplicate weather reports from RC and default,... ) and this takes some time. I guess it could be RC but the funny thing is that I don't have ANY problems at all with other airports and RC and I'm using it for about 5 months now. With Antalya every time the same story. That's why I asked here. I will try with default ATC but I just want to hear from somebody else that landed at LTAI... if that somebody also has RC would be even better. I'd just like to know if I do have a problem or is this normal and I should just wait for another 10 minutes or something.

Nobody did an approach to Antalya? Really?

Hi Tomaz,

Did not try an approach yet but noticed that all AT-traffic that is assigned runway 36R fails to land. See attached file for one of the flights. The heading of the final approach is wrong. What I expect is that the approach for runway 36R is not or incorrect defined in FS9, maybe because the runway is new compared to the stock AFCAD.

Also the position of FI36R and MD36R in the picture looks not correct. I have no idea on how to correct this but maybe somebody of the support team can have a look.

Rob

post-31728-083488500 1288307215_thumb.jp

I'm using FSX version but I guess this could be the problem in both versions.. interesting find. I just wanted to hear from somebody who landed at Antalya, how it worked for him.. but it looks like nobody who uses this forum and saw this post landed there nor did the support guys.

Hi Tomaz,

Did not try an approach yet but noticed that all AT-traffic that is assigned runway 36R fails to land. See attached file for one of the flights. The heading of the final approach is wrong. What I expect is that the approach for runway 36R is not or incorrect defined in FS9, maybe because the runway is new compared to the stock AFCAD.

Also the position of FI36R and MD36R in the picture looks not correct. I have no idea on how to correct this but maybe somebody of the support team can have a look.

Rob

I managed to get the AI-traffic working for runway 36R, problem was indeed related to errors in the defined approaches. After a lot of reading in the manual this weekend I used Airport Design Editor 9x and the charts that come with the scenery to solve it. Btw there is an afcad of Billy Rutherford on Avsim that also solves the AI-landing problem but it has no approached defined so there is a strange curve in the approach because FS9 is then using the waypoints of the stock airport. I never use ATC for vectoring to final but the approach on 36R worked fine in the Ifly-boeing.

As I don't use FSX I can only suggest to check if this is also causing the problem for you in FSX.

Rob

If the AFCADs are the same I imagine the same problem could be in FSX. Thank you for taking your time to look into this.

I must say I'm amazed how poor the support is on this one... all I'm asking is the simple question if anybody ever landed on LTAI that is sold here at Aerosoft. Anybody? Ever? I guess not.

I'd be perfectly happy with an answer:" Yes. It works ok. It's your problem." I'd at least know that the product works properly.. now it looks there is a problem with AFCAD, support is quiet, nobody ever landed there.. oh, well..

Hello Tomaz,

I have been very busy this last week but am going to try a short flight to LTAI and see if I can get to land there using the default FSX ATC.

If you believe theres a genuine issue you should really have written it in the Initial Issues thread for this scenery.

That's the problem.. I don't know if there's a genuine issue with it that's why I asked a simple question here if anybody ever landed on LTAI. As I said before, it may well be my problem but I can't know that until somebody says:"I landed there. No problems." The only person, SQ024, who tried to help also encountered problems.

I hope you understand my problem.

That's the problem.. I don't know if there's a genuine issue with it that's why I asked a simple question here if anybody ever landed on LTAI. As I said before, it may well be my problem but I can't know that until somebody says:"I landed there. No problems." The only person, SQ024, who tried to help also encountered problems.

I hope you understand my problem.

Hi,

Again I only checked the FS9-version but can imagine that the AFCADs for both versions FS9/FSX have the same errors in the approach definitions. For runway 36R the Final Approach Fix (FAF) is positioned at the wrong end of the runway, that's why the AI-aircraft have a wrong approach heading (see picture in my previous post).

Runway 36C has an error in the missed approach definition. This has no effect on the AI-traffic because they can land most of the time.

What I assume is that because of the error in the approach for runway 32R ATC is not able to give vectors to final and you get "forgotten" above the sea. With the corrections I made I get vectors to Initial Approach Fix (IAF) and can use the ILS to land. For some reason ATC still clears me for a visual approach although the approach is defined as ILS. I still have to work out what the problem is.

Rob

Hello Rob,

I cant say the ATC sent me out to sea for miles and miles before getting onto the approach, they brought me in at an angle of 95 then about 35 but I ended up landing fine on 36R in FSX.

Hello Shaun,

As mentioned in my posts I could only check in FS9 if I could recon the problem of Tomaz. The only problem I could see was the AI-traffic behaviour trying to land on 35R.

If ATC vectored you properly to 36R in FSX the question of Tomaz in the original post is answered.

Rob

Hello Rob,

I cant say the ATC sent me out to sea for miles and miles before getting onto the approach, they brought me in at an angle of 95 then about 35 but I ended up landing fine on 36R in FSX.

Ok, thanks for helping!

Thanks, Shaun!

As I think I already mentioned, even at departure, when I'm getting clearance, ATS says climb FL170.. but than after take off ATC says I should climb FL150... shouldn't clearance give you initial altitude?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tomaz,

I tried a flight into LTAI in RC in FSX and it gave me a rather long final at 56 miles well out into the sea and a lot high too.

That's probably it. Thanks for trying this flight.

I recently realized (I "read" the manual very quickly) that RC offers an option "Short final".. maybe this will shorten the approach.

Thank you again.

• 11 months later...

I have a similar problem. All my AI can't land on RW 36R in FSX. Is there a new AFCAD made by somebody, that solve this problem?

Hello Kurt,

Disable the scenery so ATC uses its own files, if you still encounter the issue then it will be because of FSX and not the Antalya scenery.

Hello Shaun, I'll answer to you in German, so I can better explain, if you don't care:

Beim Default Airport landen alle AI auf der RW 36R, wobei diese ja unmittelbar rechts neben der RW 36C liegt.

Wenn ich wieder den Aerosoft- Airport aktiviere, landen einige AI's auf 36C aber einige irren weiter planlos herum (z.B "Nordwind"). Hier ist ja die RW 36R viel weiter rechts gelagert. Ich habe dies bei der gleichen Tageszeit getestet. Da muss ein Fehler in der AFCAD sein, oder?

Hello Shaun, I'll answer to you in German, so I can better explain, if you don't care:

Beim Default Airport landen alle AI auf der RW 36R, wobei diese ja unmittelbar rechts neben der RW 36C liegt.

Wenn ich wieder den Aerosoft- Airport aktiviere, landen einige AI's auf 36C aber einige irren weiter planlos herum (z.B "Nordwind"). Hier ist ja die RW 36R viel weiter rechts gelagert. Ich habe dies bei der gleichen Tageszeit getestet. Da muss ein Fehler in der AFCAD sein, oder?

Then you need to write this in the German Support Forums and not here :).