Mega Heathrow Airport Issue

rocky

I hope someone can sort this out for me, because I am very angry and frustrated at the moment! I am a newbie to flight sims, but within the past couple of months I have tried to digest as much info as possible from all the forums. I run XP with FSX service pk 1 & 2, with an i7 950, 4G RAM, and a Nvidia Gforce 9600 GT. Also with REX 2 installed. Now I thought that this was a pretty good rig! Here's my issue... I have autogen and scenery complexity set at normal, with all the other sliders at about 70%. So, approaching Heathrow and I can't see the darn runway, it's just a blur and most of the buildings are the same. Once I get almost on top of the airport, and I mean almost on top, the whole airport suddenly appears. Now, my issue is that I am preparing myself for developers to tell me that it has been designed that way to be friendly on computer memory or that someone will tell me that i need to slide the autogen and detail radius sliders up, but as an experiment I have tried that but with little success. It only happens with Heathrow. Can someone please shed some light on this for me. Thanks in anticipation...

• 1 month later...