ATS RETARD call...

alehead

Another thread referencing this issue was closed, although there was no answer given.

As has been mentioned and confirmed with numerous links, the RETARD call comes at 20' RA, not earlier... As far as I can tell from the FCOM and other sources, it is not an airline option as such...

Retarding that high would lead to some very hard landings in many situations...

I am sure I am not alone in requesting that the RETARD call comes at the correct moment...

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Er... afaik Mathijs said this was fixed in v1.20...

Hi,

same on my machine. Retard callout comes at 40 feet, way too early and is doubled with the other ones. The real sequence is 40-30-20-Retard...

It´s unacceptable and should be fixed as soon as possible.

Martin

They don't want fix this. :(

Chris

Chris it HAS been fixed in the 1.20 build.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure, but "FIVE" (5 feets to gnd) callout is not sound/missed in AirbusX. Is this correct or not?

(That should be after Retard callout at the end of flareout mode)

Like all callouts (except the RETARD call) this is an airline option and not available on all aircraft. So it is correct that this might not be included (I do not own this product).

Don't !!!! put the thottles to idle when the retard call come on.............you'll need thrust to land

..... I never need to land auto but as soon as I hear Retard I feel I must pull the throttles back which results in the plane falling......not landing.!!!! When I ignore this I can kiss the 320 (6 v.110 flights to date).......scrap the vapp speed....aim for 140 kts and you'll be ok ............I hope.......assuming you are aware of fuel and pax loads and set up correctly :)

Dont just pck the plane and fly to a destination 100 miles away and hope for a successful landing..weight has everything to do with this process.............

btw....I won't fly v1.20 until the fps issue is fixed.....