Minimum weights...

alehead

... are pretty much similar to averages of the A320, but why oh why are the forward and aft cargo capacity so restricted?

Forward 975Kg, in real world around 3400Kg

Aft 525Kg, in real world around 4500Kg

???

Andrew

• Upvote 1

I think the way Aerosoft have done it is to include the weight of passengers and luggage in one calculation.

When you add passengers and look at the weight calculated; that's some big heavies on that plane! So I assume it includes luggage ;)

The remaining weight is then purely for cargo.

Chris

I think the way Aerosoft have done it is to include the weight of passengers and luggage in one calculation.

When you add passengers and look at the weight calculated; that's some big heavies on that plane! So I assume it includes luggage ;)

The remaining weight is then purely for cargo.

Chris

Respectfully, that just does not seem to be the case. If you take the AB average paggenger weight it is 165 lbs (75kg). The ICAO standard is 198 lbs (90kg) with baggage. This implies that 100% cargo loading covers only 100 pax worth of baggage with no room for freight at all.

Would be nice to see if that is something that could be adjusted . . .

Thx.

Joe

Edit - I should also add it seems that the empty weight is also well below what is generally quoted on multiple sources. I have seen generally listed empty operating weights for the 320 / 321 as 94,000 lbs and 107,000 lbs repectively. In the cfg files list as 82,448 and 93,662.

The empty weights on AirbusconnectX are around 5000kg below as you point out. I believe they are the minimum weights and not the minimum OPERATING weights, as I have pointed out in another post...

Standard figures from airbus.com

MZFW = 61 Tonnes

Max Ramp Weight = 73.9 Tonnes

Gives max fuel at MZFW of 12.9 Tonnes, so in order to carry more fuel, you have to carry less payload... same with most planes...

Full tanks is seldomly possible with full payload...

Andrew

EDIT: Cheers Chris for forwarding this to the developers... perhaps you could add that about the min weights too...