AirbusX speeds, engines, climbs, and so on

alehead

I know you are looking into things, and it would be really great if the issue with the engine power and spool up times can be sorted. If I command an increase of speed from say 250 to 300KIAS, it takes ages for the engines to spool up to get tot the speed, although there is plenty of headroom still... I know you are looking into it...

Just for information though, On a short route from EGSS to EDDV (one of my personal classics, given that I have done this BER route in real life a few times now), I can get up to FL350 in around 25 minutes, not forgetting the alt restrictions to 16nm short of Clacton on the CLN SIDs out of EGSS. Once up there, I got up to M078, with a ground speed of up to 496Kts. This was achieved with a GW of around 72T. Landing weight was around 67T, with a Vapp of ca. 140KIAS. Not a very nice first attempt, as I simply forgot the APPR button in the A32X, and my approach was all over the shop, so I TOGA'd and bucked on out. Now, TOGA with A/T still engaged is frightening, as no more than 70% N1 gets commanded. I got the gear up and wanted to get out fast, but could only manage ca. 800fpm at 140KIAS, without going too far into the orange band. Only deselecting A/T then selecting MCT (TOGA wasn't available, even though I firewalled the thrust levers...) got me into an acceleration mode...

Second time around after going back towards NIE VOR, and it was a little smoother, manually brought her in and touched down resolutely with a touch of hurt pride, but down in one piece and near enough to the centreline to be happy... :)

In summary, the aircraft can get up to FL350 and its nominal cruise of M078 without much hassle, though I wish it would do so in managed mode... I did this in selected, adopting 2000fpm as long as I could, then dropping in increments until I reached FL350 at around 1000fpm...

Andrew

Wow I didn't even reach FL350!

Furthermore I was at level Flight from LOWW to EDDH this afternoon, FL260 with the A320 and a total wight of 50T!

The engines were running at 95%N1 struggling to keep 280kts!!!

Rgds, Patrick