Nosewheel Centered Half-Travel To the Left

Herman

• Deputy Sheriffs

While taxiing out on the demo flight, I could not turn right and leaving my CH ProPedals centered resulted in a left turn. Going to external view revealed the nosewheel neutral position was at about half travel to the left. None of the tests Mathijs noted for "too rapid" nosewheel turning worked except for disabling FSUIPC (by adding ".old" after dll). The module is actually "FSUIPC4.dll" for my version. I also discovered that only the Lufthansa airbus had this issue, again by going to external view with the default Cessna 172 and also all the other AirbusX models.

The fix turned out to be deleting the entry for the Lufthansa Airbus entry in the FSUIPC.ini file, created as part of the recommended aircraft speficic setup. For my version, it's "FSUIPC4.ini". It's also the only .ini file in most people's Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules folder. The entry is everything under and including the line "[JoystickCalibration.Airbus A321 Lufthansa AISH]" which should be the last entry.

I hope this helps someone with a similar problem.

That happened because you failed to calibrate (or calibrated incorrectly) all the other axes in FSUIPC, its no good just calibrating some and leaving others it's best to calibrate all axes regardless of whether they are assigned Direct in FSUIPC or not.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That happened because you failed to calibrate (or calibrated incorrectly) all the other axes in FSUIPC, its no good just calibrating some and leaving others it's best to calibrate all axes regardless of whether they are assigned Direct in FSUIPC or not.

Thanks for the thought. I'm pretty confident I did, since that's long been my habit whenever I enter the joystick calibration more of FSUIPC. I've used it for years. But...you never know.