Unbelievable Frame Rates

tim737murphy

I ran the previous Budapest scenery 2004 on FS9 without any problems. I just installed Mega Budapet 2007 for FSX. It is awfull. I run UK2000 extreme and FSdreamteam sceneries with a lot of AI and get great rates. I run an Intel I7 core CPU at 3.6 GHZ and a Nvidia 280 GTX. 6 gigs of ram on Windows 7 64bit. This scenery is unusable. What can be the problem so I dont have to eat the 25 USD's I just spent on this?

I guess you didn't see the warning posted on the product page about 1/2 down under the area where it says FSX specific features. It reads:

Performance warning (FSX only) !

At the current state of FSX you will have to expect to drop between 40 and 45% in frame rate when comparing default Ferihegy and the Mega Airport Budapest Ferihegy. So before you buy, load LHBP in FSX and check your frame rates there. You could also visit the default KLAX in FSX as Mega Airport Budapest has very similar performance (also note that we are able to show around 3 times the number of objects for the same performance!)

Thank god they posted that because I was actually considering recently. Maybe you could try removing some of the bgl's for the ground vehicles or set the sliders back a bit. I normally run the scenery complexity at Extremely Dense but some areas require Very Dense or Dense.

Why when I run a scenery like FSDreamteam KDFW which I just purchased and is loaded with moving elevated rails and tons of detail, I still get 20-30 FPS with my sliders mostly to the high settings? This scenery looks nowhere nearly as detailed as their scenery or even scenery like Manchester Xtreme and yet I get good Frames with that. Is there a problem in the way this product is designed because frame rates of 5 are rediculous. I would have thought your warning was applying to an average CPU/GPU. My system runs graphics intensive games at great FPS's. I use complicated aircraft like PMDG Jetstream 4100 at addon sceneries like FSdreamteam Zurich with smooth frames and the AI is turned up over 50%. Hard to believe this scenery is truly designed for FSX.

Hello Tim,

What does it do when you set all scenery settings to default and use a default aircraft.

Also its not just the airport in Budapest thats loaded you have the city too.

Try disabling the City in the scenery library.

I tried disabling the city but didnt help. There must be another program interfering. The gates and some other parts of the scenery have flickering. One time there was a default scenery building form LHBP sitting in the middle of the airport on the first install but it wasnt there everytime I loaded. Thats why I think something just isnt right with scenery on my system. When I first load the scenery the frames are good and as the seconds go by you can watch the frame rates drop from 30 down to 5-8. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, slid the sliders down and shut off AI(WoAI and Project AI both run on my system), still low frames. This happens when flying the default ultralight. I can switch to another high density airport like UK Xtreme Manchester and things are smoother. I think something is interfering. The only things I found and deleted were an LHBP afcad in my addon scenery file and a bgl LHBP file in my Scenery/Global/scenery file. I took those out before installing on FSX since I knew they were there. I run Ultimate Terrain Europe but I dont want to turn it off either. I sure would like this to work since I dont have FS9 anymore to run that version. I know FSX has bugs but most of the other scenery writers seem to do a good job. I can run Captain Sims 757 at FSdreamteams JFK with lots of AI and still get 20-30 on FPS's. I will wait for solution but I have turned in pay dispute to paypal which I have never done before because I cant run this scenery. The Frame rates are just the result of some conflict going on with this software. It seems similar to the problem Digital Aviation had with the Fokker 100/70 when first avialable to FSX. That turned out to be a gauge problem, which caused the frame rates to run extremely low when in the cockpit.

Hello Tim,

Did you try disabling all other 3rd party scenery in the scenery library except Budapest to see if it might be something else conflicting.

Also did you purchase the product from us directly at Aerosoft or another store.