Cumulusx Not Connecting

yonieter

Hi all

I have a problem with CumulusX! I hope this isn't brought up somewhere on this forum if it did I apologize

my problem is that when I start FSX CumulusX starts perfectly automatic but I can't get it connected to FSX.

everytime when I click on connect nothing happens... I don't understand it looks like FSX doesn't even notice that CumulusX! is running

because I don't see anything in the add on toolbar during flight

the same goes for WinchX! by the way but that a side.

I hope that anyone can help me here because I'm really excited to use it.

thanks in advance

Regards, yonieter

(p.s. sorry for my English)

I just booted FSX(and automatically Cumulusx! and Winchx!) without touching cumulusx and it doesn't connect automatically. When I was in flight I alt-tabbed to cumulusx and still nothing happened then I clicked on connect still nothing.

But when I close FSX and leave Cumulusx open then a message comes up: "CumulusX! was hit by an unexpected exception and has to close."

Edit:

ok, little update. I deinstalled SP2 and CumulusX! then reinstalled SP2 and tried reinstalling CumulusX! but now I have another problem when I click on the install cmd I get a error message and the CumulusX! install has to be stopped so I tried installing it manually and the same thing happened when I try to open CumulusX!(or when FSX autostarts it)

do you have any solution or do I have to reinstall FSX and SP1,2 entirely?

Edit2:

I completely reinstalled FSX, SP1 and SP2 and tried installing CumulusX! and I got the same result when I clicked on Install.cmd an error came up saying an error occured in CumulusX! 1.8.0 and has to be closed. So I still don't have any luck with this

If CumulusX! states an exception after ternination of FSX then it was actually conneted.

What is your operating system?

yes that's what I was thinking but why didn't CumulusX! not show that?

well anyways the problem is way bigger now I can't even start install or start CumulusX!(after manual install) because Windows(XP Media Center that's my operating system) sees some kind of error and has to close CumulusX! and apologizes for this, do you know what I can do against it?

thanks in advance

It seems that your FSX installation is pretty much screwed up. The fact that CumulusX! was initially starting (though not working properly) and after re-install of FSX/SP1/SP2 it is producing an error message points to a problem with the windows side-by-side cache. There was a case where an orphaned entry in the side-by-side cache produced the problem. That was treated here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=35344&view=findpost&p=231194

As said there, it is very critical to do manual alterations, so it's on your own risk.

best regards,

Peter

• 2 months later...

It seems that your FSX installation is pretty much screwed up. The fact that CumulusX! was initially starting (though not working properly) and after re-install of FSX/SP1/SP2 it is producing an error message points to a problem with the windows side-by-side cache. There was a case where an orphaned entry in the side-by-side cache produced the problem. That was treated here:

http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=231194

As said there, it is very critical to do manual alterations, so it's on your own risk.

best regards,

Peter

Peter,

Sorry I didn't replied to this but I think I kind of got a little overwhelmed by the problem I had and kind of backed out.

But I was looking at my content and saw the topic again. So I decided to give it a try after lots of hours uninstalling and reinstalling

I got it working! You were right there was something left in that WinSxS folder so I deleted it and reinstalled FSX and CumulusX and it worked!

So thank you very much! I think I didn't know what I was missing out back then....

yonieter