Realistic Cockpit Zoom For Discusx

HarryO

Hi there

Have been flying the DiscusX for many months. Combined with TrackIR, CumulusX, WinchX, ASE, REX2, ORBX the gliding simulation is amazing.

One minor question. I have not flown a real DiscusX. I find myself unable to decide what is the best cockpit zoom that matches with reality. What do other DiscusX pilots with TrackIR use?

Zoom 1.00? 

Zoom 0.8?

Zoom 0.3?

Cheers

Harry

Hi Harry,

something around 0.6 is the most realistic for me. It "feels" most like in the real thing. But I often use 0.5 as well, because it gives you a wider field of view and so a better feeling in FSX.

Cheers Joachim

Thanks! Tried 0.6 zoom and after getting used to it, seems good! There is also more information entering our vision about the periphery at that zoom. For some reason I seem to be able to thermal better and my brain can even absorb some more details about objects passing by at the extreme left and right coming into landing on final. The sensation of ground speed as I flare is also more noticeable. I am not a real glider pilot and so by default assume that zoom = 1.00 must be correct.

Cheers

Harry

It is always a matter of personal feelings.

1.0 is crap in all FSX planes in my opinion, because you simply can't see anything. I fly most planes at 0.6 or 0.5 with track IR. This gives me the best feeling.

Nice to hear from you, that you got similar experiences now.