NO WATER AROUND MANHATTAN

Windcutter

Finding water!

I recently installed in the simulator FSX the scenery Manhattan X following the instructions and configuring FSX as indicated by the manual setting.

When I go on stage through one of the airports in the area ... BIG SURPRISE ... NO WATER AROUND MANHATTAN ... just desert areas, houses, residencial areas, farms and as curious ships and quay cranes in the middle of nowhere. Seems to have reached the end of the World (consequences of climate change probably), maybe is the version of the future but I prefer the current version.

Someone has had the same problem? How did you fixed? Probbaly the install.exe of Manhattan X placed in a wrong Long. and Lat.? How can be corrected?

Thanks for your help in advance... and good flights ....

Windcutter

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Finding water!

I recently installed in the simulator FSX the scenery Manhattan X following the instructions and configuring FSX as indicated by the manual setting.

When I go on stage through one of the airports in the area ... BIG SURPRISE ... NO WATER AROUND MANHATTAN ... just desert areas, houses, residencial areas, farms and as curious ships and quay cranes in the middle of nowhere. Seems to have reached the end of the World (consequences of climate change probably), maybe is the version of the future but I prefer the current version.

Someone has had the same problem? How did you fixed? Probbaly the install.exe of Manhattan X placed in a wrong Long. and Lat.? How can be corrected?

Thanks for your help in advance... and good flights ....

Windcutter

Have you installed sceneries from ORBX?

Hello Windcutter,

If you have Ultimate Terrain USA installed can you try running the setup utility and then closing it down and then checking Manhattan.

Sorry Shaun,

Certanly I have UT USA installet but is disabled because I guessed that could be the origin of the problem. I am new in that, could you be more specific about the steps that I have to follow to solve the problem?

Thak you very much,

Windcutter

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry Otto,

What OEBX stands for?

I wrote ORBX. They are the developer of the FTX sceneries. But as you don't know them, it doesn't matter.

Hello Windcutter,

Enable UT USA then just run the Setup Utility that comes with UT USA, the one where you change the poarameters etc. Dont change anything though, just run it then exit it, it should then pick up the new scenery and make adjustments.

Orbx and Ultimate are two different things all together. Make sure at FTX Central you do not have the FTX terrain selected when flying around Manhatten. Select default scenery in FTX Central and water should appear then. It happened to me when doing a bunch of reinstalls last week and fixed the problem.

Thank you everybody for your help!

I have water in Manhattan!!! The solution has been a combination of changes in Manhattan X, UT USA X and Layers library. Notthing is easy using FSX, specially when you mix products of diferent developers. Take in count this if you do not want to spend more time configuring than flying.

Nice flights!