Marker Test: Audiosamples cutoff

Costas

Hi,

I recently noticed, that the audiosamples for the marker test (inner, middle and outer marker) on the captains 2D panel are cut off in contrast to the fo panel.

Something for SP2?

Martin

Hi,

I recently noticed, that the audiosamples for the marker test (inner, middle and outer marker) on the captains 2D panel are cut off in contrast to the fo panel.

Something for SP2?

Martin

Hi Martin,

What do mean exactly ? That the Test takes longer on CPT than FO, or that the FO test has to be reset manually ?

Björn

Hi Björn,

nothing really of importance.

When I click the switch of the marker test from HI to TEST, the test sequence on the CPT side starts with the tone of the outer marker and the light on the annunciator goes on. I do hear exactly 2 "beeps". Then the middle marker signal follows with a let me say "da dit da". At last the tone of the inner marker has six short beeps. Then the switch goes back to the HI position.

On the FO side the same test sequence takes double time with 4 beeps for the outer marker, 6 or 7 beeps for the middle and a lot more of beeps for the inner marker (to short to count).

In other words, it seems, that the sample playback time for both sides do not match.

There is also a different behavior between left and right, when clicking directly on the round knobs. From the left outer marker I will hear one normal, undistorted beep. The second beep is abruptly cut off with a gentle crackling noise. On the right side, I get six normal, undistorted beeps without that cut off noise.

Many words. It would be better maybe, if I could attach an audiofile. But that would require some audioeditor to install.

Hope you can figure out what I mean,Björn.

Martin