Game will not install (box version)

Methodman

So I just bought F-16 Fighting Falcon from Best Buy for 29.99 and am extremely upset I cannot even get the install to work. I'm intelligent enough to solve most computer problems on my own and have even fixed some of my friends computers from some complex worms/virus'. That being said heres what happens when I try to install....

On the Install Wizard I get to the screen after the serial key is entered and its asking to, "select folder where setup will install files" Theres a grey box underneath that which says, "The Flightsimulator could not located on your system" " Please check the flighsimulator yourself." Under that there is a path saying C:\Program files\ with a browse feature. I've selected that path written alone, that path with a flight simulator folder I created and moved into program files, all of the folders from the disc on the drive the CD is on and still nothing works. The message I recieve after clicking next once I have a destination path is this..."Couldn't Find Microsoft Flight Simulator"

Please for the love of god someone help me before i break this cd in two and write a nasty letter to the company for putting out a game that has issues before its even installed on the friggin computer. what a joke =(

Thanks if anyone has had a similar problem that can assist!

So I just bought F-16 Fighting Falcon from Best Buy for 29.99 and am extremely upset I cannot even get the install to work. I'm intelligent enough to solve most computer problems on my own and have even fixed some of my friends computers from some complex worms/virus'. That being said heres what happens when I try to install....

On the Install Wizard I get to the screen after the serial key is entered and its asking to, "select folder where setup will install files" Theres a grey box underneath that which says, "The Flightsimulator could not located on your system" " Please check the flighsimulator yourself." Under that there is a path saying C:\Program files\ with a browse feature. I've selected that path written alone, that path with a flight simulator folder I created and moved into program files, all of the folders from the disc on the drive the CD is on and still nothing works. The message I recieve after clicking next once I have a destination path is this..."Couldn't Find Microsoft Flight Simulator"

Please for the love of god someone help me before i break this cd in two and write a nasty letter to the company for putting out a game that has issues before its even installed on the friggin computer. what a joke =(

Thanks if anyone has had a similar problem that can assist!

Im running vista and have the correct SP for the game and have also tried running the setup file from the setup folder on the disc as admin with the same results

Awesome. now i get to spend another 30 bucks =/ Normally games say expansion and this was on the bottom shelf where the addon is on the top of the box. GG aerosoft These better not suck.

Thanks for the post

• Upvote 1

Awesome. now i get to spend another 30 bucks =/ Normally games say expansion and this was on the bottom shelf where the addon is on the top of the box. GG aerosoft These better not suck.

Thanks for the post

It's hardly Aerosoft's fault that you didn't take the time to look and see that it was an addon and not a stand alone game.

Thanks for the post

With that kind of approach and attitude, you have virtually no chance of being able to master the complex elements of the simulator, much less the additional complexity of the addon you've purchased.

Perhaps some form of shoot'em up might be more your scene..?

• Upvote 3

Hello Methodman,

It really pays to read the requirements for any software product. This would have saved you a lot of embarrassment especially when you laid the blame on the wrong people and then threatened to write a nasty letter to them.

• Upvote 1

Hello Methodman,

It really pays to read the requirements for any software product. This would have saved you a lot of embarrassment especially when you laid the blame on the wrong people and then threatened to write a nasty letter to them.

Yeah, it pays to be methodical, man...

• Aerosoft

Methodmen, there is a large "Addon for MS FSX" text on the front of the box (assuming it is the same production run as I got here) and on the back it lists FSX as one of the requirements. This seems to be enough for most customers as we hardly see any issues like this.

I suggest you just return the box to the store and get your money back. As you seem to hide your own oversight behind a lot of angry words and accusations I think that would be better for Aerosoft and for you. If you are looking for a stand alone F-16 simulator I recommend "Falcon". It is superb.

• Upvote 2

It states requirements on the package and people need to read the requirements before they buy. It's not Aerosoft's fault.

I myself have purchased Aerosoft products at Best Buy. No problem here with any installations released from Aerosoft if I

buy boxed or download versions.