MyTrafficX v 5.1b

Stanner

I have reinstalled FSX and MyTrafficX 5.1b. When I start FSX I get the following message: "There are multiple objects with the same name. They must have unique title names BAe1463_My Paint 01

MyTraffic\aircraft\BAe 1463MX." There is a "CLOSE" button. I click on the Close button, and the same message appears except the MY Paint number moves to "02", and so on. Every time I click on the "Close"

button the My Paint number changes, until it moves on to the next aircraft. I click on the Close button until I move through all the aircraft. The whole process takes about 15 minutes. Finally FSX comes on and the A1 MyTraffic aircraft appear and FSX works well.

What can I do to correct this problem? I checked in the MyTraffic Aircraft folder and do not see any duplicate aircraft folders.

Need help!

Thank you.

Shaun,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

1. I have 2 FSX.cfg files, one labled "FSX.cfg before MYTraffic was installed" 7kb. The other is labled FSX.cfg 8kb.

2. In the first cfg file (before MyTraffic was installed) there are no references to My Traffic.

3. In the other FSx.cfg file there is one reference to MyTraffic under the [Main} label

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\aircraft

There are no other references to My Traffic

4. Should there be any entries in the dll.xml file? If so are these the ones in the MyTraffic installation instruction for MTX V5.0?

5. In the FSX listing of scenery MyTraffic is listed as #1. Should it be moved down so as to be first on the list?

I noted that you post on checking the FSX.cfg for double posting is dated in 2008, so I would imagine that this is a known problem which

by now must have been solved. Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you.

Stanner

Hello Stanner,

Did you do a complete search of your fsx.cfg for the term MyTraffic as sometimes it can be lower down than the rest.

Shaun,

I did a print out of FSX.cfg file, and found a duplicate entry for MyTraffic X. I deleted this duplicate entry, and

MyTraffic X 5.1b and FSX works fine.

Thank you for your time and help.

Stanner

PS Is it worth switching to MyTraffic 2010 from MyTraffic X 5.1b?