Low frame rates at Luxembourg airports - FS9

Jimmy44

I was wondering if someone might be able to help. I recently bought the new Luxembourg airports for Fs9. This is a fantastic scenery, though i was very disappointed with the relatively low frame rates. I found on approach to ELLX they dropped to between 10 and 18 FPS, which is less than some of the Mega airport series, which are far larger! As a small airport, I don;t know why the FPS are so low? I was wondering if Aerosoft intends to address this with an update, or if there is anything I can do in Imagetool or one of the other converter programmes, to improve the performance.

At its current rate I find it almost unplayable, although I admit I am a stickler for faster FPS. I have tried reducing the settings, but there isn;t much difference, and anyway I don;t see why I should have to on such a small airport.

Many thanks

Hi Jimmy,

the airport ELLX is downsized from FSX. For this reason it can not compete against some Mega airport sceneries which are programed for FS2004.

I do not know how your system is build up. I did not have many negativ frame rate feedback until now (two in german community which had an older PC).

The only update I can think of is reducing all Textures and delete all effects which will change ELLX into a bad design quality!

Thanks very much - please don't take this as a criticism, this is now one of my favorite sceneries which is why I want to get it just right! I have a pretty good machine so its strange that the FPS are so low. Anyway, I have imagetool, could you possibly tell me how I reduce the quality of the textures?

Many thanks for your help

James

Hi James,

I do see it as a critic. Because otherwise you would not have written the thread :D But I always try to make it as best as possible.

Please write me an Email, maybe I can send you a handfull updated Textures for a personel test.

Maybe I can help you!

Hi James,

I do see it as a critic. Because otherwise you would not have written the thread :D But I always try to make it as best as possible.

Please write me an Email, maybe I can send you a handfull updated Textures for a personel test.

Maybe I can help you!

You have a fair point! I just meant to say that in all, I love your product. I hate to come across as a whining customer.

It would be great if I could get some updated textures. I don't mind if the quality goes down a bit. FPS are very important to me. I'll PM you now. Thanks agin for all your help, much appreciated:)

Kindest regards

James