EDDV (Hanover) multiple AFCAD problem?

chucky

I've been having a problem with EDDV, which I have as part of German Airports 2. It looks like there are two airports bleeding through each other. I can see the taxiway/apron textures along with markings that come with GAP2, but I can also see the apron shape from another (default, maybe?) AFCAD, along with the default style taxiway markings. The runway textures flicker back and forth between the two. I've attached some screenshots to show what I mean. There are also some double parking issues. As far as I can tell, EDDV is the only one of the five airports in GAP2 that is giving me this trouble. I've searched to forum for hints - as far as I can tell the only thread dealing with a similar problem is this one, but I'm afraid I don't understand German, so I can't really tell if they solved the problem or not. I've got VFR Germany North installed, as well as German Airfields 1&2. I understand that the order of the folders in the scenery library is important, so here's how things are for me:

Aerosoft AFD

German Airfields 1

German Airfields 2

German Airports 2

Mega Airport Frankfurt

VFR Germany 2

German Airfields 1_LC

German Airports 2_LC

German Airports 2_LC

I've tried moving things around (and deactivating the *_LC folders) to no avail.

I've got the FSGenesis mesh installed, and I'm reluctant to uninstall it unless I'm sure that's the problem, since I can't just deactivate it in the scenery library. I also have the FSDreamscapes mesh, however, and I notice no difference when the FSDreamscapes mesh is active or inactive.

Is there anything to suggest? I'd appreciate any help.

post-22189-126618195678_thumb.jpg

post-22189-126618196272_thumb.jpg

post-22189-126618196818_thumb.jpg

post-22189-126618197318_thumb.jpg

post-22189-126618197869_thumb.jpg

post-22189-126618198325_thumb.jpg

Hi,

that seems to be an installer issue so I'll try to give you a hint of what to check/do.

First, your sorting of the sceneries (in scenery.cfg) looks good.

Then please check the following:

in the installation directory (normally <FSX>\Aerosoft\German Airports 2\scenery\) have a look at the files beginning with 'eddv_aerial_'.

There should be four: eddv_aerial_1, eddv_aerial_2, eddv_aerial_VFRGermany_1, eddv_aerial_VFRGermany_2.

With VFR Germany 2 active the latter two should have the extension .bgl and the first two .off

If not change the extensions.

That's it!?

btw. check that no AF2_eddv... is active in that directory and that you have one AF2_eddv... active in <FSX>\Aerosoft\AFD\scenery\. But that should normally be the case.

Regards

• Upvote 1

That was it! Thanks very much. None of those .bgls were active - I should have caught that myself, but I appreciate the help. The double-parked aircraft turned out to be a different problem, but once I figured out that they were separate, I noticed an eddv_9_stat.bgl which I deactivated, and now the scenery works perfectly. Thanks again!