Great package - a couple of quick questions

Midnight Music

This package is great! I've already done a couple of flights with it. Very absorbing and very well done guys! I have a couple of small queries. After I set everything up at the gate and load an INS plan I taxi to the runway. I go to the setup and select ready for take off and it dumps my flight plan out of the INS. I then have to load it and set it up all over again. Also in flight the INS is not switching automatically to the next waypoint on its display. The plane is turning and following the path but the INS screen still reads the previous waypoint. I'm probably doing something wrong. If someone has some tips for me I'd appreciate it.

By the way I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Works great.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the aircraft, with regard to your questions.

When you taxi out you shouldn't select another panel state as that as you found out re sets the aircraft completely to a new state. this is meant for people wanting to start the process in that panel state. On reaching the runway you should just do the final checks and you are good to go.

With regards to the INS issue this was something we found during testing and was resovled when a new version of FSUIPC was released, the min required for the A300 is version 4.581

If you have any further problems let me know

Take care

Thanks for the advice. I just checked Peter Dowson's homepage and the most current version of FSUIPC for download is 4.57. I assume that's the one you mean. I'll install it. I like using the panel state ready for take off as a final check before departing. I will just add the flight plan after selecting that mode. I'm planning quite a few trips with this great bird.

Lee

Steve, everything is working fine except the INS still doesn't switch waypoints automatically. The plane will fly the course fine. I did get my hands on the latest FSUIPC that you suggested but no change.

Hi Lee,

Here's what I think is happening:

- you have the INS set up with the main switch pointing to "DSTRK" so you can see the name of the waypoint, right ?

- the name shown there is the name of the waypoint selected with the "waypoint" selector knobs on the INS (the white waypoint number). As long as this number is not changed manually you will still be looking at the name of the waypoint in the selected waypoint "slot"

- to see the correct from-to waypoint number set the main selector switch of the INS to another position the yellow numbers will now show the from and to waypoint

Hope that clears things up for you !

Björn