Mega Airport London-Heathrow

Jonathan Gallagher

Hi there i am using the above with FSX and only began getting this problem when on approach from either direction.

What it is from finals to actually touching down i cannot see any scenery and when i actually touch down its flashes all on, and also affects my fps anybody any hints at why this does this.. or anybody else have the same problem

Thanks in advanced

Jonny

Hello Jonny,

There also a patch available if you dont like the approach lights as they are.

HeathrowX Light patch for SP1 and SP2/Acceleration,

Changes this patch makes:

- Custom approach light poles are removed and approach lights are set similiar to default lights now for longer visibility etc.

- Green and yellow taxiway guidance lights are set to a more realistic size, brightness and visibility.

This is available at the FAQs/Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com try that and see if that makes it better for you.

Hello Jonny,

Okay just try this for a test.

Put all scenery settings in FSX to default, nice clear day and Auto-gen to the lowest but one setting so its sparse.

Then get in the default Cessna and fly towards it does it then load earlier.

Hello Jonny,

Please see the thread here as there is a suggestion from the developers.

The link to this thread works. Make sure you back up the apron_fsx.bgl file to a BKUP folder and delete the file in the #:/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/aerosoft/Mega Airport London Heathrow/scenery

It should be fine after that.

please note: you may have another Heathrow folder in the aerosoft directory - make sure you use the Mega Airport London Heathrow path as stated above and not Heathrow 2008.

I hope this helps.

Uuuummm! that's weird it should have removed the low res overlay......are there any older modified apron_fsx files ie. apron_fsx.blx or apron_fsx.off in the #:/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/aerosoft/Mega Airport London Heathrow/scenery folder. If so, back them up and delete.

The other thing I can advice is to completely uninstall the Heathrow addon, making sure you load fsx up afterwards and check to see it's removed from the scenery folder(within FSX (if it's still there delete it)), close fsx- reboot - and reinstall. Don't add any patches and then see if the removal of the Apron_fsx.blg works for you.

It's really important to reboot, load then close fsx after each addon installation as some addons/patches require previous versions to be installed before a patch modification. I have found this process avoids glitches.