PMDG 747-400X for FSX

rob 747-400xfs

Let me start off by saying I love your product, It opens up a hole other world for FSX, wich I also love. Everything looks and woks like a charm. With the exception of one thing, after 30 seconds of loading a 747(PMDG 747-400 X) I loose the PFD,ND and EICAS. Everything is there with that exception. PLEASE HELP ME!!!....

Hello Rob,

Have you tried the PMDG website they have a very extensive tutorial on the Queen of the Skies.

May help you if you check them over, they can be found here called, "Tutorial for proper and realistic operation of PMDG 747-400" and theres four of them.

• Upvote 1

Had the same problems some time ago, but with the FS9 version though. A mail to PMDG, a 747 reinstall, and the problem was solved

Cheers;

Michael Jessen

Hello,

I have your PMDG 747-400 FSX [DVD] I had to re-install FSX, so of course I lost all add-ons. Now the PMDG 747-400 will not install, I get an error code saying emulator detected.

I had the same thing a year ago on the first install. I contacted support, and they give me a small file to install, which allowed my install.

I have Vista, 64 bit OS.

I tried to find the info, however, my account does nor show the order, and the trouble ticket no longer works.

Thank you ,

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rob,

Have you tried the PMDG website they have a very extensive tutorial on the Queen of the Skies.

May help you if you check them over, they can be found here called, "Tutorial for proper and realistic operation of PMDG 747-400" and theres four of them.

Hello Fletcher i have a problem,i flying PMDG747_400_FSX_V2.10.0040 in Flight simulator x,and when i landing at runway,touchdown sound is unrealistic,and when i landing with default fsx boeing ,its all ok,why,can you help me???

• 2 months later...

I have just upgraded my system from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 64bit.

I use this system almost solely for Flight Sim.

However, when I try to install PMDG 747 I get 'Emulator detected ! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software'

Please can you help ? anyone ?

I am not aware I have any emulation or virtual drive ? I maybe wrong, I'm not computer-literate really. However when I click on 'Device and Printers', I see something called 'Beanbag Emulation Device' which I havent a clue about. Anyway, please help. I've contacted PMDg who said I should email Aerosoft as mine was an original CD copy . Have emailed support but still waiting.

Thank you

John

However, when I try to install PMDG 747 I get 'Emulator detected ! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software'

I am not aware I have any emulation or virtual drive ? I maybe wrong, I'm not computer-literate really. However when I click on 'Device and Printers', I see something called 'Beanbag Emulation Device' which I havent a clue about. Anyway, please help. I've contacted PMDg who said I should email Aerosoft as mine was an original CD copy . Have emailed support but still waiting.

Thank you

John

Hi John,

I went through the same drill,, like you. What you will have to do is get a new zip file from PMDG with a new plane. That is how I got mine working, they were very good about it. Hopefully, you will hear from them soon.

Cheers,

Jerry

• Aerosoft

Thank you

John

First of all, I checked the Aerosoft support emails and I could not find any email. I really like to know when and to what email address this was send so we can check what has gone wrong. Unanswered emails are unacceptable.

On to your problem, it's a tricky one. Something has gone wrong when you updated to W7. There is a layer between your dvd drive and the OS that most likely should not be there. Problem is that we can't do a lot about that, it's a problem for Microsoft and the people who made the hardware you used. We understand however that this is not a nice answer. Checking on the Internet it seems there are a load of problems about that bean thing and nobody seems to know what to do. I suggest you just de-install it. I seriously doubt W7 needs it.

thank you for your reply Mathijs. I only sent the email last night... I've copied it here.

I can't find a way of de-installing beanbag (if that is indeed the cause). I really don't know what to do.

Thanks

John

Sent:12 April 2010 22:36:28To: support@aerosoft.com

Please can you help with my problem ... as I am not getting anywhere. My recent contact with PMDG below spells out my problem.

I am not aware of anything I have installed apart from Windows 7 and FSX. I do notice I have 'Beanbag Emulator' showing in my devices. No idea what that is or if it is relevent.

Please can you help, I am at a total loss. Thanks

John Elliott

John,

First I've ever heard of this error message... We didn't make the CD version installer though, Aerosoft did. My guess though if I had to try is this - are you running any sort of CD drive emulation software such as Daemon Tools, Magic ISO etc? If you are, disable the virtual drives created by the utility and then try the installer again.

Ryan Maziarz

PMDG Technical Support

www.precisionmanuals.com 11/04/2010 10:04 - cheersta63@hotmail.Subject:Windows 7 Emulator ErrorI have just upgraded my system from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 64bit. When I try to reinstall 747X, I get "Emulator Detected.. Please disable emulator or virtual drive'.

Please can you advise ? Thank you

John

Tried that ... still get the same message.

When I upgraded to Windows 7, I used Microsoft Easy Transfer to back up my old data. I have not reinstalled these and just wonder if that has done something to my system. I don't know. I emailed Microsoft 4 days ago with no response as yet.

Hello again Mathijs

I am still no further on with my problem. Despite asking PMDG for help or even a zip file, they (Paul Gollnick and Ryan Maziarz) keep referring me to yourselves as the manufacturer of the cd by emailing you at support@aerosoft.com. I sent a second email to that address a couple of days ago but, like my first, no response to that.

Am sorry to keep bugging you, but I have the original 747X disc, I've purchased the download of the 8i version and I can't use either of them.

I have spent a large amout of money on lots of Aerosoft products over the last year or so and I have spent ages reinstalling them without problem yet I can't fly my favourite aircraft.

Is there ANYTHING you can do ?

Thanks

John

the latest reply from PMDG was ...

John,

The CD version of the software is produced and distributed by Aerosoft. You will need to get in touch with them directly for help with the security module on the CD product. You can reach them at support@aerosoft.com

Regards

Paul Gollnick

Hi Shaun..

Sorry, the end of my last message was the most recent reply from Aerosoft. I have tried google and I cant find a solution. I think I simply need a zip file for the programme. Id settle for ANY solution to be able to get flying again.

Any help welcome

John

John, I think the guys at Aerosoft will be able to help you a bit more if you list your complete computer specs for them. Personally I dont think your problem is being caused by the Beanbag thing. Beanbag is an infrared device. Basically, an infrared receiver for remote control. I cant see how that should affect installing the plane so my guess would be that it is something else.

John,

I think the Beanbag thing is a red herring. The emulation device the error message refers to is something like Daemon, or some other virtual drive device.

Do you have any virtual device DRIVES on the new system? ANYTHING that makes a hard drive look like a DVD or CD drive to the operating system?

If so, you may need to disable or remove that to enable the installation to proceed.

Other than that PMDG operaet a fingerprint license that is hardware specific, IIRC. If you've upgraded your hardware at the same time as switching to the new OS, then the MS transfer wizard may have ported over the old installation, or parts thereof, rendering the license invalid. You need to physically remove ALL traces of the old installation - including Registry entries, then re-install from scratch. It's not clear form your prior posts whether you have done this, or whether the installation was moved across as part of the transfer wizard.

Thank you for your replies.. I envy your computer knowledge, I really do.

I wouldnt know about registries, I'm afraid. I originally uninstalled everything as per the PMDG website guide:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

so, I thought I had done everything I needed to.

I've never used Daemon or anything like that to my knowledge and I can't find reference to that on my system.

As for 'virtual device', all I can see when I look at my drives are C: D: (factory image, whatever that is) and E: the DVD drive.

I have added my pc details as you suggested. Thank you again

John

PMDG tell me it's to do with a security module on the cd and I have to come to Aerosoft.

I feel like a tennis ball, just getting batted around and it's really getting me down ... please can someone fix my problem?

I still cannot load the 747X cd and, therefore none of the 8i updates I purchased by download.

All my other numerous Aerosoft products are fine !

Thank you

John