2 Chicago questions

travelbob

Let me start by saying that I love this scenery! Certainly brings Chicago to life.

Two questions:

1) I noticed the custom buildings do not have night textures and are completely black...is this normal? I just doesn't make the city look right at night.

2) There is a lack of runway lighting on the new runway at O'Hare...is this normal?

Thanks much!

Bob

Any help with this? Am I the only one with these challenges?

Thanks!

Bob

1- Yes, if you read up on the details of the package, you will notice this is a "Medium Complexity" scenery, and thus has no night textures, and only one season.

2- KORD is not really included in detail of any sort(spruced up only), if you have a very capable system, then get FSDreamteams KORD but be ready for a massive drop in fps.

Waleed, thanks. I do indeed have FSDreamteams ORD and lol, yes it does pack a punch.

I'm aware that ORD has not been truly edited, but my question was simply about the new runway. It simply does not have night lighting. Just checking if I am missing anything.

Many thanks,

Bob

Waleed, thanks. I do indeed have FSDreamteams ORD and lol, yes it does pack a punch.

I'm aware that ORD has not been truly edited, but my question was simply about the new runway. It simply does not have night lighting. Just checking if I am missing anything.

Many thanks,

Bob

Bob, my apologies as it is sometimes difficult to understand the true question in a forum.

I am not sure about the new runway, as fsdt said they may add the new runway down the road. Perhaps what you are seeing is the new runway that was added by Aerosoft, and maybe it is showing through the fsdt scenery?.

Hopefully one of the designers has an answer to this.

It simply does not have night lighting. Just checking if I am missing anything.

Hi Bob. I'll check that after the holidays and will come back to you.

Bests,

Sascha

What exactly do you call a "massive drop"? I run FSDT KORD and Chicago X with frames consistantly in the mid 20's.

Bruce, specs please.

I am trying to plan my next rig for around March (new I& 6 cores if any good) so I can reinstall fsx and enjoy.

My quad-core(q6600@2.4) is pathetic, even with Nick's tweaks.

KJFK and Manhattan, or EGLL and London VFR both equal ctd for me. Even though Chicago is less fps heavy, I do not think it would make much of a difference to me.

Happy New Year.

Hi Guys,

There was indeed a bug in the AFCAD file coming with Chicago.

Please unpack attached file to your FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Chicago\Scenery folder and overwrite the existing one. This will bring you night lightning on the new runway.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Bests,

Sascha

AF2_KORD.zip

Hi Guys,

There was indeed a bug in the AFCAD file coming with Chicago.

Please unpack attached file to your FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Chicago\Scenery folder and overwrite the existing one. This will bring you night lightning on the new runway.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha

I have downloaded the AFCAD and it appears to do the job at KORD, thanks ^_^ .

Back to the question about night textures for the buildings, I have tried Winter and Summer but the buildings remain unlit and it doesn't look good at all, please see attached shots.

post-3565-12631193106_thumb.jpg

post-3565-126311931847_thumb.jpg

Respectfully, is this is a defect or is it intentional? I am sure to get it back to as real as it gets most people wouldn't mind paying a couple more Euros to see the lights, I would say this scenery area is unusable at night, ok if you are just flying into KORD, but if you are sightseeing near Miegs at sundown not so good.

Thanks,

Joe Lawford

Mutley's Hangar