Cold & Dark

Just Fly

Hello!

Does anybody know how to make a "cold and dark FSX"? I mean, how to make it loading a shut down aircraft?

Every free flight I begin loads me an aircraft with running engines and systems. Isn't it possible that FSX loads an aircraft with shut down engines, so I would need to make all the check-lists?

Thank you.smile.gif

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I know, there is no "switch" to load an aircraft cold an dark by default. Best way is (and by most complex aircraft addons required):

1. Load the default flight

2. shut down the aircraft

3. load your environment (airport, weather ...)

4. load the aircraft you're going to fly with and it will be cold and dark

Otto

1: Load the default fight

2: Shut down the aircraft

3: SAVE THE FLIGHT AS SOMETHING YOU WILL RECOGNISE - `COLD AND DARK` IS A SUGGESTION

4: Whenever you want a cold and dark start, choose this flight from the menu, load weather and airport, choose aircraft and then away you go...

5: NEVER SAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A DEFAULT AIRCRAFT AS A COLD AND DARK SCENARIO THE FIRST TIME.

Once you have a successful cold'n'dark you can make the selections as above inclusive of addon aircraft, then save THAT as a separate cold and dark flight knowing it will work.

Reason is many addon aircraft don't make full use of the saved .flt information and you can find it impossible to start the airplane even using the correct procedure. Using the default as an intermediate step ensures that the aircraft will comply.