Casablanca - FE.dll crash

Georgy

Hi Guys,

Each time I fly to or from the Aerosoft Casablanca scenery -even before I start engines- I crash (black screen + error log mentioning fe.dll error).

Have tried without any other sceneries arround -Taburet's Morocco scenery- and/or without AI traffic, but still crashes.

The only way to go avoid this is by deactivating the FS Display Hardware Filtering (none) and lower MIP mappimg quality. Not really funny but make me think that it could be related to a "fishy" texture.

The version : 2.11.15.0 downloaded from Simmarket Sept. 5th, 2009.

Any idea what could cause this ?

Thanks and regards,

George

Hello George,

Try disabling all other 3rd party sceneries except the affected one and see what happens, also try loading it at midnight, does it tload then.

Also try backing up your fs9.cfg to a safe place and delete the original and let it rewrite a new on when the sim restarts.

Shaun, Thx for your answer. Actually, just after I wrote those lines, I found a German item referring to fe.dll issues on Aerosoft forum : http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19147 - this one is in English and I followed this trick (creating a second level scenery folder for LC's BGL's and guess what : seems to be Ok now. Two flights (day - night) with different airplanes : no problem up to now. I know wwhat you are going to say : got a new nVidia graphic driver in the meantime, season has changed (textures too) and etc... Just to help other simmers who would encounter the same kind of issue. Regards, Georgy