ACES Studio forms new company!

FSXaddict

• Aerosoft

You tell me you'll make AFS012 compatible with other company's plane, airports or scenery and I'll help......so will AFS012 be compatible??

The answer is........

This topic has been discussed many by now. Sorry you missed it. But with the attitude speaking from your mail I think I rather not have you assist us. Keep in mind this is our forum and you are our guest here. If your next post has the same tone we'll simply suspend your account.

There is no way we can be backwards compatible with current FS2004/FSX files. Simple copyrights stuff will prevent that. But if the development was done in modern and professional tools we see very little problems in recompiling it for a potential new simulator. We do so with our products on a daily base as they are used in professional simulators world wide. We are discussing this on a daily base with add-on developers. Not just the ones we handle commercially but any company who is willing to listen and help.

• Upvote 4

At this moment it is nothing more. Not being negative or protective here but you are all reading stuff that is not there.

My words ;)

Interesting news, but -at this time- just an anouncing and no demo or something to "show".

• Aerosoft

My words ;)

Besides.... if they got a seriously good plan, support from addon companies, budget etc, better then mine and with good prospects for add-ons, Aerosoft got no problem what so ever to go back to what we have been doing for 15 years, making and selling add-ons for a very good simulation. We are not starting AFS2012 out of luxury but because we need to a good platform to work on. No matter how you look at it, for us the interest is in the add-ons, not the base. The base just got to pay for itself. If somebody else wants to risk a few million we're happy campers! Keep in mind Aerosoft got a good professional department and we do handle a few other sims as well. In fact I am having most sim hours not in FS2004/FSX but in Bus Simulator, World of Subways and Rise of Flight these days. We're not a FS add-on company like most of our friends.

Oh heck, let's add links to those other sims and do some PR. The sale girls will kick my sorry behind if I don't. Bus Simulator, World of Subways, Rise of Flight

All serious sims, seriously good.

This topic has been discussed many by now. Sorry you missed it. But with the attitude speaking from your mail I think I rather not have you assist us. Keep in mind this is our forum and you are our guest here. If your next post has the same tone we'll simply suspend your account.

There is no way we can be backwards compatible with current FS2004/FSX files. Simple copyrights stuff will prevent that. But if the development was done in modern and professional tools we see very little problems in recompiling it for a potential new simulator. We do so with our products on a daily base as they are used in professional simulators world wide. We are discussing this on a daily base with add-on developers. Not just the ones we handle commercially but any company who is willing to listen and help.

I missed the topic that have been discussed many time by now since I can't spend all my time reading all post ( I can today) so that is why I asked. Indeed it is your forum and you are the boss I am just a guest.

As far as the tone of my post....this one is well over my head, of course you can read what ever attitude or tone you want from my post but as far as I know I was not disrespectful nor did I use bad language.

You can always answer any questions you received the way you want but me I'm a straight shooter and if my question seems to have an attitude or a tone in it...well... that was not my intention, I will always ask a question the way I see fit and do so respectfully, at the same time I expect a straight answer to a straight question.

I myself is the proud owner of a business and sometimes I may have the impression of my customers coming across in a weird way but I always make sure to ask about their intentions before answering them, why would you ask, because they are the one paying for what I have today.

I hope this clarify my intention.

• Aerosoft

I missed the topic that have been discussed many time by now since I can't spend all my time reading all post ( I can today) so that is why I asked. Indeed it is your forum and you are the boss I am just a guest.

As far as the tone of my post....this one is well over my head, of course you can read what ever attitude or tone you want from my post but as far as I know I was not disrespectful nor did I use bad language.

You can always answer any questions you received the way you want but me I'm a straight shooter and if my question seems to have an attitude or a tone in it...well... that was not my intention, I will always ask a question the way I see fit and do so respectfully, at the same time I expect a straight answer to a straight question.

I myself is the proud owner of a business and sometimes I may have the impression of my customers coming across in a weird way but I always make sure to ask about their intentions before answering them, why would you ask, because they are the one paying for what I have today.

I hope this clarify my intention.

Okay, sorry I jumped on in but recently we are very strong on being polite in forums. As you see from the score I was not the only person who took offense (or misunderstood) your post. Water under the bridge, issue closed.

Well come and help us shape AFS012.... just go here and participate.

Mathijs, relax I am always there, and checking it out constantly, and putting in my ideas when I believe they are worthy of consideration. I am surprised at the level of your reaction to this ACES thing.

To the rest of the people here:

My comments in this post were specific to a few points regarding ACES, not speculation of what they might or might not do. If it came out that way, then I am sorry, it was not meant to be that way.

We all need to remember that this is a forum, and points do not always come across clearly,and therefore should refrain from using "harsh" responses as this turns the DISCUSSION into a "brawl" of words that is anything but useful. I do not know everyone's intent when they post, but I for one have been trying my best to keep things as civil as possible so that I do not send the wrong message. I am not interested in how great anyone is at putting others down, I am interested in the knowledge they may have to offer, which helps me all the time.

As far as ACES is concerned, I feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs, but that is it. I do not see fsx as a success. Until technology catches up a little more for me to enjoy Manhattan, or London with airports, it is collecting dust. I know some are gifted enough to be able to super tweak their systems t do this, but not me.

I am interested in AFS012 because of the potential of what it can be. I am referring to the fact that unlike fsx, other developers and programmers opinions, ideas,experiences, and yes perhaps even some of our thoughts are taken into consideration. What it will be is a mystery to all right now, but it offers a fair chance at a decent fs. (My opinion).

Sorry for the long post, but I had to clear up some points.

hmm,

I suppose I view this from a couple points.

First, Yes Aces didn't have the greatest of track records, Mathjis.

Second, I'd be willing to argue that Aerosoft's choice in Marketing E.G. Rise of Flight, sets a poor track record (Micro marketing, Buying things inside a game for a game....)

Third, Microsoft has Swept clean the Aces Studio, however the FS Source code and rights are still proprietary to Microsoft. Given that a poll was recently done by MS for their consumer interests via FSinside, This is a good indicator that Microsoft is setting up to continue the FS Franchise, the question is in what shape and/or form. Companys by rule of thumb don't do Polls about a "Future product" Unless they're scoping out an idea on what the user-base wants in their "Future Product". That can go any which way.

when all is said and done, there's a few things that would make my ultimate choice. As you said your goal is a Base platform.....if by default the simulator Doesn't have a full 3d World (Not just Europe, or America, or a generic landscape between areas) It's not for me. Business wise it would make sense to also make this cheap base, and sell lots of "Stuff" to bring it up to FS Standards, the advertisement is "What you want, where you want". <<<< I don't go for this sort of selling technique, I value my dollar. As you value your dollar.

Microsoft has many years under its belt, why would they let go of a large franchise?

it's a matter of how the game goes...

I the consumer have many options though

FSX

AFS2012

Microsoft Mystery Simulator(if it comes... but hey, they started the market research - first step)

X-Plane

the Aces guys <<<<<if they do anything.

They're all Viable options, Aerosoft has to beat all 3 of those in order to come out on top. Windows Vista was horrible, Windows 7 is looking a lot brighter. We may see that even re-do itself with MSFS.

the market's becoming saturated I suppose, Everyone knows Microsoft. Most developers support them as of the time being. If the AFS2012 base, isn't significantly Better than the FSX Base. I really can't see how far AFS will Fly, you might even be lucky to recover the costs of development. Especially if Microsoft does in fact release Mystery simulator in the future. To make the situation Deeper, Microsoft's Resources are Vastly superior to Aerosoft's. There's No glass ceiling when you're dealing with one of the largest corporations in the world, so long as the stock holders and CEO's are happy that it's turning a profit.

^

btw, just a point of view, not geared towards anyone in particular or in a bad tone. This is just how I view this as of the moment.

Regards,

Ryan.