UnBlue

B21

What factors determine whether a Cx thermal goes blue (i.e. no Cu)? In the Task 1 Wx (but with the 6000' Cu's set to global) probably three-quarters of the thermals are blue (well, if I click UnBlue, many more appear)

I checked UnBlue and got this:

post-17895-125417043629_thumb.jpg

And then unchecked UnBlue and the clouds quickly disappeared leaving me with this:

post-17895-125417045285_thumb.jpg

Is there a way to set the weather so the thermals mostly have Cu's on top ?

cheers

B21

Is there a way to set the weather so the thermals mostly have Cu's on top ?

You can set cumulus coverage from 5/8 to 7/8. The reason is that below that FSX METAR frequently indicates clear skies at lower settings although FSX clouds are being depicted.

best regards,

Peter

(from Oslo)

Ah I get it - I wrongly thought the Cx cloud appearance was independent of the FSX Wx.

igc_logger is coming along. Have the checksum & will extend it to a few files - need to check for a few more events as well, and add engine rpm. Haven't incorporated the flightplan yet either. All going ok though. You'd need something like SeeYou to actually get all the detail from the log file though... (I'll start another thread for the logger...).

have a good time in Oslo...

B21

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.

What is the recommended coverage then? 7/8? I did initially start with 3/8 until I read that FS can report clear skies, so set it to 5/8 but was still finding a large proprtion of thermals were without associated cumulus. At one point it was so bad I was heading towards all the clear areas to get lift!

Best regards,

Robin.