Madrid FS9 Scenery Issue

FreeAgent

I am hopeful that someone can lend some assistance to resolving the scenery issue shown in the screenshots I attach to this message. The airport area is very high above the terrain or the terrain is very low. I really only started using this airport after I brought the scenery for Madrid. I did uninstall and re-install the s/w the problem continued and existed even without the scenery add-on. So I can't really say this is the result of the airport scenery, but the problem may be well known.

I have Ultimate terrain for USA/Canada/Europe along with many various airport add-ons available here. This is the only scenery area where I have seen this problem. I don't have this problem with FSX.

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-23783-1246564616_thumb.jpg

post-23783-1246564806_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a couple of days since I posted this issue I am having. Again it seems I am the only person in the world that has had this problem. Lots of views but only 1 reply... Thanks for the "help" folks. I think that the folks who make the s/w should at least reply. I can understand that members don't. I continue to see technical support to be lacking in this and so many areas. I have purchased a lot of s/w from AeroSoft. For the most part things have worked well or I was able to figure out and resolve problems due in great part to my own computer and technical background and that I have been using Flight Simulator almost since its inception. I don't ask a lot of questions but when I do it is with the hope for an answer.

Thanks a lot for nothing.

Hello Freeagent,

It seems you were being helped 11 mins after you posted, why would you need the developer or whoever to repeat the advice already given.

As Oliver also pointed out the search function is a wonderful tool too.

Sorry Mister "FreeAgent", but sometimes a littlebit seaching will help too: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=17651

And btw: it's not a issue of the Aerosoft product

The answer referred to asked a question but did not answer the question I asked. I don’t ask questions often so I went back into the question and wrote the last paragraph that mentioned what s/w I have installed. I don’t have any Olbia s/w. I don’t even know what that is. The person who wrote the question here advised as what I should have searched for, had this specific s/w.

I do realize the problem is not with your airport software. I think I mentioned words to that effect. I also didn’t ask nor expect help from a developer.

On the point of searching I ask this sincerely, what keywords, phrase would you have used to search for advice on this problem?

Thanks for your help. The problem still exists but like you say, its not your product that is the problem and I agree. I won't ask anything again.

Hello Freeagent,

In the advanced search if you use the terms in bold below and only selected the Scenery Support Forum you would have found one with a fairly good description of your issue on the first page.

madrid issue

Which would have shown you the post titled below.

Madrid is floating on a rock?!

Hello Freeagent,

In the advanced search if you use the terms in bold below and only selected the Scenery Support Forum you would have found one with a fairly good description of your issue on the first page.

madrid issue

Which would have shown you the post titled below.

Madrid is floating on a rock?!

Thank you very much.

So the answer is to deactivate or delete the ISD Project - Olbia scenery. For me this was in the 'Addon Scenery' directory which I don't recall specifically installing. It must have been part of some other program I installed. I'm not from Europe so I didn't know there is a place called Olbia and that 'Olbia' referred to scenery as opposed to a program.

I also noticed from the various links that this issue has been around for a while and is apparently well known. I went back just to be sure I didn't miss something in the 'readme.txt' file (there isn't one), or the manual (no mention there) and on the 'FAQ/Updates' site which doesn't even have an entry for the FS9 version of the s/w only the FSX version. I checked all of those places before asking the question and I went back today to recheck to make sure I didn't miss it and I didn't. Some of us really do read the manuals and the readme files and take some time to do some initial research in the places one might expect to find answer.

Regardless at this point, the issue is resolved. You guys thru your very nice scenery, addons and tools have introduced me to various parts of Europe I previously had little interest in. Overall use of your products has been carefree. This is the first scenery I had issues with. So for what its worth, keep up the great work and don't dismiss us FS9 users. I read the article the boss wrote a while back on your position with regard to FSX and FS9 future developments.

Thank you.

Hello Freeagent,

The advice I normally give is to disable all 3rd party scenery in the scenery library except for the affected one, this being Madrid.

Then restart the sim unles it FSX and then recheck the scenery to see if its okay.

Then add so many back at a time and keep checking till you find the scenery that is causing the compatibility issue.