The new secret project?

eurowing

this is what Mathijs said in one of his posts about the new secret project:

"It is indeed a new simulator (but with roots as far back as FS1) we will discuss later in much more detail. It is NOT however a direct replacement of FSX but a simulator dedicated to a specific role (that of the pilot flying) in specific aircraft (several airliners). Very focused on these specific parts of a simulator."

i am wondering what this could be. FS1 is a LONG time ago... one great memory that i have of the early 90's (or was it the late 80's) is to fly airliners using "Flight Assignment: ATP". does anybody remember this great simulator? that was probably the greatest break through piece of software in flight simulation.

that was later than FS1 though so i doubt that Mathijs was refering to that one, although what he describes sounds an awful lot like it. especially since in the FS1 days there was no other simulator around.

but who knows maybe this means that Bruce Artwick is involved in the new secret sim? ;)

"It is indeed a new simulator (but with roots as far back as FS1) we will discuss later in much more detail. It is NOT however a direct replacement of FSX but a simulator dedicated to a specific role (that of the pilot flying) in specific aircraft (several airliners). Very focused on these specific parts of a simulator."

i am wondering what this could be. FS1 is a LONG time ago... one great memory that i have of the early 90's (or was it the late 80's) is to fly airliners using "Flight Assignment: ATP". does anybody remember this great simulator? that was probably the greatest break through piece of software in flight simulation.

that was later than FS1 though so i doubt that Mathijs was refering to that one, although what he describes sounds an awful lot like it. especially since in the FS1 days there was no other simulator around.

but who knows maybe this means that Bruce Artwick is involved in the new secret sim? ;)

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=26062

• Aerosoft

No it is not Bruce Artwick, but somebody who goes back almost as long. Right now we are all a little bit behind because there are a few other projects that simply got to have priority. Websites to rebuild, new simulators to test. But something will appear soon.

No it is not Bruce Artwick, but somebody who goes back almost as long. Right now we are all a little bit behind because there are a few other projects that simply got to have priority. Websites to rebuild, new simulators to test. But something will appear soon.

can we get another hint, Mathijs? is it going to be similar to "Flight Assignment: ATP"?

Was that Freudian? Are you that far down the line already?

I know this isn't what it is going to be, but I wish someone like Aerosoft would come out with a package that is like a combo of ScruffyDuck's ADE and Flight1's Instant Scenery package that gave the user the ability to easily not only place objects, but to also assign custom runway/taxiway textures. Also a package that had a vast array of buildings, hangers, jetways, and airport objects so that the user isn't stuck using only the objects that are default to FSX. ADE and Instant Scenery are nice, but your limited with using default objects, or objects from other sceneries. I would love to be able to enhance my own airports that other developers haven't done, without having to have the knowledge of GMAX modeling and custom texturing techniques. Give my an object placer with a good selection of non default hangers, buildings, and the abiltiy to use custom runway/taxiway textures and I would be pretty happy to fix up my own airports that developers may never do.

Could be be something going back to Laemming Wheeler or Joe Lincoln?

Paul